• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Here's the tube all realigned and lookin' purdy. I didn't need to replace it because it wasn't marred but I made sure before I put it back in.

http://imgur.com/h5kgI17,BFAtQVL,slvezyD

Got the new gas key all fitted up and snug. Now, I know it's not staked and I know it needs to be. What I did was take some red loctite and put a fine layer on both allen screws. It's high temperature stuff so I think it'll be ok just as long as I don't do a mag dump and will hold up until the beginning of December when I go home and can stake it.

http://imgur.com/h5kgI17,BFAtQVL,slvezyD#1

Here's the red loctite lightly layered on the end of the screw. Everything is fitted up and ready to go. It cycles as smoothly as it did when I first bought it and I'm pleased with the repair. Jeremy and Matt, I know y'all wanted to see how the plastixrevolution brass catcher handled and I'll let y'all know as soon as I go to the range.

http://imgur.com/h5kgI17,BFAtQVL,slvezyD#2

Can't wait to get out there and shoot :m16:
    Target Sports

Last edited:

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Hereyougo_zps236e7ca7.png

Abra-Cadabra

h5kgI17.jpg

Hopefully that helps you out some

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'm looking forward to seeing how everything goes as well as will the locktite hold. I've seen guys use red locktite on their harleys and have it rattled loose.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Me too. It's my baby and I was worried about applying it but hopefully it'll hold up. Like I said, I won't be doing any mag dumps so the heat won't bother it but I'm only going to the range once or twice until the end of semester. After that, I'll be able to stake it and home free.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I don't believe you can get your gun hot enough to bother the red threadlock. Maybe blue, but not red. The vibrations are what concern me. Maybe pull it out and check halfway through the first mag and then once a mag for the first 10 mags-however long that may take. I know I usually only shoot one or two mags a day. Lol

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I don't believe you can get your gun hot enough to bother the red threadlock. Maybe blue, but not red. The vibrations are what concern me. Maybe pull it out and check halfway through the first mag and then once a mag for the first 10 mags-however long that may take. I know I usually only shoot one or two mags a day. Lol

Good idea. I don't plan on shooting more than a mag or two anyway. I need to hold on to as much ammo as I can. Lol

Sent while being unproductive

Top Bottom