• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    One other thing about the Shield 45acp, it shoots very nice, I was surprised how it felt in 45 ACP.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    My original carry was a G26 back in ‘08/09 in Virginia, but it was really heavy for a sub-compact. Then I got a SCCY CPX-2, which recently sold. The grip was way too wide, front to back, and the trigger was not the best, at least in my opinion.

So after finally getting my Tx LTC, the wife ok’d a new carry gun! It’s been a while since I’ve had my hands in the firearms world and lots have changed. I’ve watched a ton of videos on the P365/X/XL and Hellcat. But I’ve always been a fan of FN and have recently fell in love with the 509C.

If ya’ll could, I’d love real person reviews of the P365X/XL, Hellcat, and 509C, especially as concealability goes, bonus points if you’re a big dude like me and give a review on one or all 3.

I absolutely love the 509C but a concern for me is the grip might be too long and the chassis might be a little too wide to conceal on my fat body…lol!! 5’10-11” depending on my mood, 265-275#. The other two should be fairly easier to conceal as they are obviously smaller.

I just want to make sure I don’t regret my purchase. BUT! I can always buy another one!
    Don't worry about printing. 99.999999% of the people will never notice anything at all. If they do, they will likely assume it is a cell phone case.

I carry a 1911 CCO.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I can lend a little insight into the OP's question. I routinely carry the P365 with a 12 round mag in a sticky holster in my front jeans pocket. It's a pocker full, but it doesn't imprint and scream "GUN" either. The 365 grip is a little small for my meat hooks, so I added a Hogue over mold grip and it works perfect.

I recently acquired the P365XL, and pocket carry is definitely out, but is very easy to conceal IWB with a 15 round mag. I also carry a spare 15 round mag in my other front pocket which fits both guns.

I don't own the Hellcat, but did shoot one once and the perceived recoil was significantly worse than the P365.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Greenville
    OP - … You didn't give your dimensions, but there's a few of us fat guys on the forum that carry mid size or full frame guns...

5’10-11” 265-275#. I fluctuate in waist size 40-44. And I prefer 3-4x shirts. Clothing choice won’t be an issue. I’m a HS school teacher and transitioning away from my college/grad school wardrobe of t-shirts for something more professional.

Thanks for all the replies guys! Love the…not help…lol! I definitely plan on going to a range and shooting the 365 and the hellcat. I prefer larger frames in all aspects myself. They just seem to…handle better.

Thanks for the help guys! Ya’ll are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Don't worry about printing. 99.999999% of the people will never notice anything at all. If they do, they will likely assume it is a cell phone case.

I carry a 1911 CCO.
    f0b23e01f856300dbc2cd8216cc1828e76f5f9616818427951fe0781b5c8044b_1.jpg

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I bought a 365 before the hellcat came out. I handled a 509, not c, in the store. I thought it was OK. I bought a xl grip module for the 365 since I wasn't carrying the 10rd mags. That's a perfect combo for me. Sig has that combo now, the 365x. If I was buying now that would be the one I would get. I'm tallish and slender. I wear tee shirts all the time and I can carry iwb or owb at 4ish no problem. For a smaller gun it is easy to shoot. Other than a couple failures in the first 100rds or so mine has been rock solid.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Going back to the grip modules. Like TxStetson said. The 365 with 15rd mag is too large for pocket carry. But for ~$35 you can buy a original shorter 365 grip and transfer the fcu and use the 10rd for pocket carry. So in the 365x you could have 15+1 with red dot or in a few minutes change to a 10+1 pocket carry. Nice to have options.

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    A carry gun choice is a very personal decision. What works for one may not work for another. If you have friends that carry different guns that you are interested in, ask them if you can try theirs on to see how it fits you. Unload the gun and draw from concealment and you will find what works for you and what doesn't. Take it from an experienced concealed carrier. I carried questionably legal before I received my CHL or now LTC, 1 month after Texas made it legal. Another issue is your clothing. What may work in casual may not work with formal. I've been carrying the same gun/holster combination for over 20 years now for 85% of my clothing. I have a completely different gun/holster combination for the other 15%. Like I said at the beginning...its very personal.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    OP - If you're looking for a wonder 9 - the Taurus G3C TORO should also be on your list to test fire. Or a std G3C. I'm a 1911 45 carrier, but keep that Taurus as a truck gun. Gotta say I'm impressed with the improvements Taurus has made from a quality perspective. Too, they just invested in their first ZEISS Coordinate Measuring Machine for the GA plant. Definitely driving quality within the organization. My G3c has run flawlessly

Top Bottom