• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Hey, I like the heavier guns too. Just not to carry.

Pimp Daddy showed me how fun a heavy 1911 can be to shoot. But, I don't want to actually carry it.
    Not sure I would call it heavy, fits her hand ok, not mine too well:

1625928930869.png

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I will agree that the hellcat is a bit snappy for a 9mm but I like it as my new carry gun. Got the new 15 round mags for it as well as a Romeo zero red dot for it. I would recommend it as a carry gun
    d9115e0b7e6d476c1ec05932721e91f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    My original carry was a G26 back in ‘08/09 in Virginia, but it was really heavy for a sub-compact. Then I got a SCCY CPX-2, which recently sold. The grip was way too wide, front to back, and the trigger was not the best, at least in my opinion.

So after finally getting my Tx LTC, the wife ok’d a new carry gun! It’s been a while since I’ve had my hands in the firearms world and lots have changed. I’ve watched a ton of videos on the P365/X/XL and Hellcat. But I’ve always been a fan of FN and have recently fell in love with the 509C.

If ya’ll could, I’d love real person reviews of the P365X/XL, Hellcat, and 509C, especially as concealability goes, bonus points if you’re a big dude like me and give a review on one or all 3.

I absolutely love the 509C but a concern for me is the grip might be too long and the chassis might be a little too wide to conceal on my fat body…lol!! 5’10-11” depending on my mood, 265-275#. The other two should be fairly easier to conceal as they are obviously smaller.

I just want to make sure I don’t regret my purchase. BUT! I can always buy another one!
    This is where the FN 503 comes in. I carry mine in a Alien Gear Shapeshift 4.0.

I carry this, a P7 , or my vp9 for now in a OWB. I'm way too active and I carry most of the time at work bending down, jumping in my truck etc. There is nothing casual about my every day activities and I usually need a minimal slim carry unless I'm around the house or out on the weekend, and then I may carry a full size USP .40 Custom Combat.

e9rJ3lM.jpg

TqlulQ8.jpg

Last edited:

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I carry a Glock G43, have been for awhile because I see no need to change platforms. I shoot it better than the P365, which is a fine gun. Double taps, one-handed, I like my G43. I sacrifice capacity for personal shoot ability. Plus I love the holsters I have for it.

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Hey, I like the heavier guns too. Just not to carry.

Pimp Daddy showed me how fun a heavy 1911 can be to shoot. But, I don't want to actually carry it.

It’s all about your carry rig. I have been carrying a commander sized 1911 in 45acp for up to 16 hours a day for over 15 years. I carry it in a custom holster with a “gun belt”. On the side opposite my gun I carry two fully loaded mags IWB S well. I hardly notice it being there and I climb two flights of stairs 4-6 times daily, 5-6 days a week.
    WPSAMagwell002.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Greenville
    Why hasn't OP posted pics of his new Colt's Dragoon carry gun?

Being Texas and all it would be fitting. However .44 ball or .454 might be hard to find. Unless they have a 9mm version…lol! Plus I think you can only find them used…and really expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom