• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    While .45 does work, the recent ammo situation really soured my opinion of it.

ANY .45 was near impossible to find for a long time, but you could still find 9mm fmj or JHP

Not a big deal if you bought cheap and stacked deep, but if you are already invested in a caliber, now a days it seems best to stick with it unless it's just totally unobtainable
    Lynx Defense

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    While .45 does work, the recent ammo situation really soured my opinion of it.

ANY .45 was near impossible to find for a long time, but you could still find 9mm fmj or JHP

Not a big deal if you bought cheap and stacked deep, but if you are already invested in a caliber, now a days it seems best to stick with it unless it's just totally unobtainable
    I had the opposite problem during the beer flu scamdimic. Maybe it was because I already had a good stash of 45 and was trying to beef up my 9mm.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    I've never read or even seen instructions on how to grip a 1911.
    (It ain't rocket surgery!)
    Dude... ;)

da8ccabb5b4aa9f1933885db7b2e08c8.gif

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    The answer to the ammo situation is ................ Handload! :)

True.....so long as you have plenty of the components in your inventory. I know several people that have plenty of everything but primers. They are as hard to find as the ammunition. I luckily had been stocked up before all this madness began.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    When I got into hand loading many years ago, nothing was scarce and most components were available. Over a period of years I've been gradually increasing my stock of primers and bullets. Powders can be purchased that will fill the need for several different calibers and unless one shoots a hell of a lot, powder seems to last a long time. Bullets are/were cheap. Primers are the only thing one needs to keep a good supply of at all times. Stored properly, in the dry, all the components will last many years.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    The answer to the ammo situation is ................ Handload! :)
    Yes Sir, I agree. Unfortunately, I wasn't already loading for 9mm because it had been so cheap for so long. Of course, I also didn't have much of a demand for 9mm when the Chinese Beer Flu Scamdemic started. A few trades here and there and the next thing you know I needed a shitload of 9mm.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I suggest a bofors. I hide mine next to my swinging, er third limb. It hides it expertly.

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    My original carry was a G26 back in ‘08/09 in Virginia, but it was really heavy for a sub-compact. Then I got a SCCY CPX-2, which recently sold. The grip was way too wide, front to back, and the trigger was not the best, at least in my opinion.

So after finally getting my Tx LTC, the wife ok’d a new carry gun! It’s been a while since I’ve had my hands in the firearms world and lots have changed. I’ve watched a ton of videos on the P365/X/XL and Hellcat. But I’ve always been a fan of FN and have recently fell in love with the 509C.

If ya’ll could, I’d love real person reviews of the P365X/XL, Hellcat, and 509C, especially as concealability goes, bonus points if you’re a big dude like me and give a review on one or all 3.

I absolutely love the 509C but a concern for me is the grip might be too long and the chassis might be a little too wide to conceal on my fat body…lol!! 5’10-11” depending on my mood, 265-275#. The other two should be fairly easier to conceal as they are obviously smaller.

I just want to make sure I don’t regret my purchase. BUT! I can always buy another one!
    for pocket carry I like a Sig P938 size and accurate,
    My current pocket carry is a kimber micro 9.
    Not as accurate as the sig though.
    If I’m waist band carrying a like my Sig ultra compact 1911 in .45… I guess I like metal guns in 1911 style.

Top Bottom