• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsbcats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Kingwood
    First off thanks to all the folks that made suggestions in my request for advise thread.

[URL]http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/handguns-sponsored-pasadena-gun-center/6174-1911-advise.html[/URL]

I finally got the Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 I ordered. Here are the pictures as promised.

jsbcats-albums-1911-picture418-dsc-0852-s.jpg

Funny thing was while I was waiting for it to come in, I went to the gun show and bought this :)

jsbcats-albums-1911-picture420-dsc-0856-s.jpg
    DK Firearms

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Congrats on the new guns. You'll love to shoot them. The 1911's are great pistols. Easily modified and parts are easy to find too. Now on the ammo problem, its hard to find .45acp ammo along with just about any other caliber so you may have to wait a while before you can have the fun of shooting them.

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    Congrats on the new guns. You'll love to shoot them. The 1911's are great pistols. Easily modified and parts are easy to find too. Now on the ammo problem, its hard to find .45acp ammo along with just about any other caliber so you may have to wait a while before you can have the fun of shooting them.

I heard that, I finally got up to 600 rnds and went to the range and couldn't enjoy it as much as I should because I knew how hard it was going to be to replace what I shot :-(

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    NICE! I love a good milspec 1911. The way they were supposed to be IMO. Of course I do like the newer mods too such as a beavertail safety and a nice blended magwell, but there is nothing like sticking to the basics. Good job!

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    First off thanks to all the folks that made suggestions in my request for advise thread.

[URL="http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/handguns-sponsored-pasadena-gun-center/6174-1911-advise.html"][url]http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/handguns-sponsored-pasadena-gun-center/6174-1911-advise.html[/URL][/URL]

I finally got the Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 I ordered. Here are the pictures as promised.

jsbcats-albums-1911-picture418-dsc-0852-s.jpg

jsbcats-albums-1911-picture419-dsc-0853-s.jpg

Funny thing was while I was waiting for it to come in, I went to the gun show and bought this :)

jsbcats-albums-1911-picture420-dsc-0856-s.jpg

I've held one of those RIAs but thought them a bit on the heavy side... I am looking at a shorter slide on that Springfield one in a lightweight that looks almost identical to yours... I can't wait to hear the range report...

Top Bottom