• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Bought the taurus pt1911 AR for $599 at the cedar park academy today. The guy behind the counter was extremely helpful and the manager that walked me to the door was very nice. Came with two mags, the laser, cleaning brush, a nice case, and a lifetime warranty to boot. This is one of my better handgun purchasing experiences.
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• P5100460.jpg
      P5100460.jpg
      30.3 KB · Views: 199

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Congrats, I joined the club in January when I obtained my S&W 1911. I suppose I was part of the club when I bought my Springfield 1911 in 1997, but that is my only safe queen as it is the 150 year Commemorative of my agency's 150 year birthday. Has never been shot, and probably never will be.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    lifetime warranty

I read the warranty and I already knew this but, if I reload the 45 acp round and something goes wrong the warranty is void. But, if I carefully reload each round being careful etc could I still do it or would yalls advice be still no and try to find factory loaded ammo?

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    If you have a warranty issue, just don't go announcing that you've shot reloads. As far as reloading carefully, warranty not withstanding, you should do that anyway.

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    A couple of things I would change on that gun is to ditch the ambi safety (unless you are a lefty and if that's the case replace it with a btter one) and change the hammer. Other than that, they are great guns for the money.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    You should create another post to let us know how that "Bad Boy" shoots. My 1911, is the S&W 5" SS w/scandium alloy frame. Oddly, it seemed to go out of production shortly after I bought mine(for $733 in 05') and now sells for 200 bucks more if you can find it. The SC lower shaves 8oz. off the total weight w/minimal effect on recoil. Anyhow, Congrats on the new purchase . Now the fun part, finding decent reloadable ammo that won't break the Bank !

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I like the ambi safety. I shoot left and or right. But, mostly right. When I shoot a rifle, I shoot left only. I wanna get the punisher grips on it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom