Finally Shot My S&W/M&P .45 Today

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by jbcalhoun, Nov 30, 2008.

1. jbcalhoun

jbcalhoun Active Member Lifetime Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    Finally got to the range this morning to shoot a little with my wife. I had never fired the S&W M&P .45 ACP and was really impressed with the handling and performance of this auto. Shooting a Rapid fire pistol target I managed to get all X's at 3 yards(10 shots) and all X's and 10's at 7 yards (10 shots). Moved out to 15yds and with 10 shots had 8 out of 10 10's with 2 nines. Now mind you, this was off hand and open sights which I don't see too well anymore.

I made the mistake of letting my wife try it out and wow! She did much better with the M&P than she did with her .38 Smith or the 9mm Ruger. I think she now has taken possession of this pistol. Maybe I'll still get to shoot it every once in a while, if I'm lucky.

I really like the feel of this auto.

2. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    I have the same problem when shooting with my wife.She will shoot my gun and it automatically become's her gun.I have been waiting for Xmas to get a M&P.
  3. pawncop

pawncop Active Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I have a S&W M&P 45 ACP and will be qualifying with it on Thursday as my my primary duty sidearm. Have been carrying a Glock but carried a S&W 4506 prior to going to plain clothes in CID. I have been very impressed with the gun.
  4. Texas-Aviator

Texas-Aviator New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I bought a 45 M&P and just love it. I also bought one in 9mm to plink with.
    Daryl (Texas-Aviator)