• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    After almost a year of effort, I finally have my latest AR put together... Olympic upper in .45 acp, Bazooka Brothers lower in .45 acp. Uses grease gun mags. DPMS LPK. Bushmaster adj. stock.
    Gun Zone Deals

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    I think of it as my 21st century version of the Thompson. All I need is a drum mag! And yes, I have some extra acp to run through it....and plenty of targets to "ventilate". I'm thinking of adding a "burst trigger" that they have at the gun show.
    Now, I am looking for a upper in 7.62X39 to bring my last lower to life.....MG

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    dee, I had been looking at one from DPMS but their web site no longer shows a listing for it... Not that ANY of their uppers show to be available anyway.... I guess I could build one up in 9mm. MG

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    First report..... Fired 50+ rounds so far.. had 2 failure to feed problems, looked like mag problems, lips look a little too wide in front. Round jammed pointing up in front of the chamber. I will adjust and fire again. Other than that, I love it! It was only available with the "old school" carrying handle A-2 style upper. So no optics, just iron sights. Recoil pretty much 0 for a carbine. I could see going through a lot of rounds shooting at steel plate targets, and "point shooting". Going to add a new style sling next. I think it needs more rounds through it to get "broken in" it's a tough job but someone has to do it.... MG

Top Bottom