Target Sports

Find the right car / auto / motorcycle part without paying ridiculous OEM prices

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    If there is a part number, search for the part number, not by description. There is a good chance that you will find it cheaper. The same part may have different prices according to what it is on.

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    If there is a part number, search for the part number, not by description. There is a good chance that you will find it cheaper. The same part may have different prices according to what it is on.

^ this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    a bit long winded, but here I go..

Summit Racing which is mainly a go fast car site has had the best deal on Yuasa motorcycle batteries the past two times I’ve bought them. Plus I got free shipping

Dealers sometimes list their overstock on eBay, and I scored OEM Suzuki an Honda air filters for less than I could find them anywhere else. Plus, free shipping

Rock auto is usually the cheapest for car stuff and motorcycle filters and plugs, but they charge shipping. I will usually put together an order once a year with everything I will need for all vehicles. I crossed the motorcycle oil filters to the Wix equivalent, so I save about 50% versus the OEM, and my motorcycle spark plugs can be had from there as well

For single item purchases, Amazon or eBay many times works out better because they typically do not have separate shipping charges.

Partzilla is good if you must have OEM powersports parts and you cannot find them anywhere else. They are cheaper than a dealer, and free shipping over $100 I think. I like them because they will allow back orders if they don’t have stock. Places like Revzilla I don’t think let you do that.

Use the parts cross reference at Partzilla to find other bikes that use the same part you need. I needed a brake rotor for a 2015 Vstrom 1000 for a spare wheel I have. New they are expensive, and used still more than I wanted to spend. Found it was the same as a first gen 650 model, which I found on eBay for $30 less than the same one advertised as fitting my bike.

Don‘t be afraid to look at the used section of eBay. Used does not necessarily mean put into service. I got a factory sealed Yuasa over the summer for my Honda CB that was listed as used. Guy bought the wrong battery and missed the return date. Got it for 50% of a new battery and was only 2 months old at that point. Lady listed a bunch of misc parts as used that her “ex” left behind. Scored some brand new (still in the original package) EBC sintered brakes for my Vstrom.

Forums specific to a certain vehicle or type of vehicle are always good classified sources

For bearings, go to a power transmission supply house such as Applied Industrial Technologies, Motion Industries or the like. They can match the bearing to a comparable brand such as SKF, FAG or Timkin. I did this with a Hub bearing for a Honda Accord I had. Could not buy just the bearing, had to replace the whole hub assembly. Paid $30 odd for the bearing + $35 for a place that rebuilds rear ends and u-joints for the pressing service and I saved big over the $180 hub cost.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Some good info, thanks much Grumps.

I tried Partzilla on Monday for a front Dunlop for the bike and it wasn't in stock plus was priced higher than I paid.

Cycle Gear and Revzilla are one and the same, not sure why they maintain the two identities. With the exception of one $30 HJC helmet part (that wasn't actually made by HJC), I've been very happy buying from Dennis Kirk.

Dunlop Roadsmart III, 120/70-17
    CG/Revzilla - $143
    Dennis Kirk - $108

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Some good info, thanks much Grumps.

I tried Partzilla on Monday for a front Dunlop for the bike and it wasn't in stock plus was priced higher than I paid.

Cycle Gear and Revzilla are one and the same, not sure why they maintain the two identities. With the exception of one $30 HJC helmet part (that wasn't actually made by HJC), I've been very happy buying from Dennis Kirk.

Dunlop Roadsmart III, 120/70-17
    CG/Revzilla - $143
    Dennis Kirk - $108
    I use 2wheel for tires and things, they are usually pretty good priced also.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I use 2wheel for tires and things, they are usually pretty good priced also.
    Exact same price I paid for the Dunlop at Dennis Kirk, $108.55 !
    Sum ting weird here :confused:

PS: I ordered the tire after hours on Monday and it arrived on Thurs.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    Yup. Once I was shopping for some Kawasaki parts on line; Amazon them it $20 cheaper than the cheapest dealer on line. When I bought them, they were drop shipped from the same dealer.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom