• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I agree. One of the things I've found that helps me shoot my revolvers better in DA mode is actually pulling the trigger with the last knuckle of my index finger. I can't get a straight pull with the pad of my finger and the gun will jump like mad if I try something like a fast double. It stays pretty steady the way I shoot, though.

YMMV though. What works for one doesn't always work for all, and there is no 100% "right" method for putting lead on target. Accuracy is simply another word for repeatability. If you do it the same way every time, and it's consistent, you're golden.

I agree, what works for one person generally will work for another, but it certainly is not a rule. Everyone has different anatomies that call for variations.

One thing is for sure though, getting your hands high on the gun is paramount. As far as trigger pull ... that is more variable.

cdevon1200

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    good stuff here.

^^^What he said^^^
    Here's a helpful chart also...
    correction_chart.gif
    most of my firearms have target or adjustable triggers. my carry does not. it hard for me to swap trigger fingers when at the range. makes me think how i will do if i need it to work well under stress?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    most of my firearms have target or adjustable triggers. my carry does not. it hard for me to swap trigger fingers when at the range. makes me think how i will do if i need it to work well under stress?

You need to find what works, then pay special attention to how your hand is placed on the gun. Then practice establishing that grip every time you pick the pistol up. And you especially need to practice getting that grip on the gun while it's in a holster.

I like finding something on the gun or holster that I can touch with my thumb to make sure that everything is lined up right. That part of my draw stroke is in four steps: Step one - reach down and find the pistol. Step two - push the web of my thumb into place. Step three - find my "index spot" with my thumb or forefinger, rotating my hand on the butt of the pistol to get the placement right. Step four - wrap my fingers around the pistol to finish establishing my grip and pull it from the holster.

Top Bottom