• ...and so much more!
  • PsychoOutlaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    USA
    Happy Independence Day,
    My name is Patrick, 31 years old

Soon I will be moving back to Texas with my lil family and I'll need work. North Austin area Georgetown, Liberty hill, even Tyler area.
    Preferably in Firearm Manufacturing. I have All tools to build HK roller delayed rifles(Jigs, 20 ton shop press, Tig welder, drill bits) and would love to build roller rifles in Texas.
    Familiarity of 4473s, Worked on 1911s, CZ, SW revolvers, mp Shields, Blocks, and other firearms. I have build a couple firearms from the ground up including this HK G3 clone.
    The G3K is not finished, but fires.

Went to school for Robotics and Mechatronics for 2 years at Delta College in Stockton,
    Currently I'm working as a Steel mill Supervisor for USG in Stockton, CA. I have very good mechanical skills.
    Going to visit Austin end of the month and will be looking for work while I am there.

Any help or Ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• IMG_20200629_134926_01.jpg
      IMG_20200629_134926_01.jpg
      262.2 KB · Views: 340

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Glass quarter full kinda guy? Know why Fresno is better? Because its 2 hours closer to Texas! True fact Made that drive twice. Third times the charm.
    I lived in Sacramento for about 6 years, and had friends in Stockton, and had to go to Fresno many times.
    I also used to live in San Diego, which is where I was living when I got fed up and moved to Texas.
    You really don't know how fuck3d up that place is until you leave.

PsychoOutlaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    USA
    I lived in Sacramento for about 6 years, and had friends in Stockton, and had to go to Fresno many times.
    I also used to live in San Diego, which is where I was living when I got fed up and moved to Texas.
    You really don't know how fuck3d up that place is until you leave.
    That's the biggest truth! Really though.. Born in CA raised in Texas going back to CA saddest moments.

Lived in sac for about 4 years, Its so bad now. When did you move to the Motherland?

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    That's the biggest truth! Really though.. Born in CA raised in Texas going back to CA saddest moments.

Lived in sac for about 4 years, Its so bad now. When did you move to the Motherland?
    I moved here in 2005. Seems like forever now. Went back to california to take the kids to Disneyland for their first time. That trip just reinforced to me that my decision to move here 15 years ago was the right one.

PsychoOutlaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    USA
    I moved here in 2005. Seems like forever now. Went back to california to take the kids to Disneyland for their first time. That trip just reinforced to me that my decision to move here 15 years ago was the right one.
    15 years of freedom! Gotta love it! Disney land is one of those life events where 1 time is plenty. Took my family there couple years ago. Yay. Great! lets never do that again. Moved back to CA 2008? to be quite honest, Montana or Wyoming.

Texas isn't a lost cause is it? Seems like so many people who hate Calif move there to change Texas to Calif!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Psycho Outlaw,

WELCOME ABOARD.

Note: I once was "blessed" to live in Rancho Palos Verdes in LA County for just over a year when I was stationed at HQUSAMTMC & was VERY PLEASED to return to Texas at tour's end.
    (I've lost nothing in LA County/CA & therefore do not have to return there in this life.)

yours, satx

PsychoOutlaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    USA
    You aready have a few established H&K builders you're going to have to compete aganst for that market.

Of course, I'm not looking at competing with Michael's Machines, Dakota tactical, belt fed, or any of those big name builders. I'm looking for a builder to join. At the moment there would be no way for me to jumpo in with my own business I neither have that kinda of experience or money.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Don't know anything about the work you are looking for. But welcome to the forum and as an escapee myself you will like it here, just adapt to the Texican ways.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Of course, I'm not looking at competing with Michael's Machines, Dakota tactical, belt fed, or any of those big name builders. I'm looking for a builder to join. At the moment there would be no way for me to jumpo in with my own business I neither have that kinda of experience or money.
    https://www.tpmoutfitters.com
    I met Ken years back @ a shoot. IIRC they are around Dallas.

PsychoOutlaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    USA
    https://www.tpmoutfitters.com
    I met Ken years back @ a shoot. IIRC they are around Dallas.
    Yeah, they are around Dallas area, Unfortunately my wife is set on Georgetown and surrounding area. Gonna try to tag along with other class 7 to maybe expand their offering also.

Welcome to TGT from here in East Texas.

East Texas is a pretty nice area to move to, but not sure about any jobs that would be suited your level of experience. .

This is just an option in the path I'd rather take. There is lots of other work in electronics and other type of manufacturing I can go with.

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    As a side hustle, I am sure you could do the roller lock thing. Hell, I have a stack of HK projects I need completed. I think you will struggle keeping food on the table trying to work full time in the roller lock business in the Austin area. I have a couple gunsmith buddies, but apprentices don’t make shit—not enough to support a family full time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom