• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    "On Tuesday, it was reported that the former NYC mayor had raised over $16 million for, and donated $5 million to, the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition."

Why hadn't I thought of that?
    Raise $16 million for the cause and only donate $5 million. I guess the other $11 million will go for a new larger house or larger boat.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Interesting article.

"Statistics say there is growth in gun sales in swing states, but largely these are folks who already own guns buying even more guns, not that there is a wholesale changing of public opinion after so many innocent people have died in mass shooting after mass shooting year after year," noted Cristina Antelo, CEO of the government and public relations firm Ferox Strategies.

And how does she know this? I don't think she does. She is a liberal and just spouting off.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Pretty sure ballots and court decisions will be the determining factor.

I hesitate to think what the aftermath of a contested election that goes to Trump legally, but is presented as ‘stolen’ by the media looks like in the streets.

If the Senate goes blue, I suspect non-stop impeachment until Pence is installed.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    The local gun shops in my area say they are seeing a huge influx of first time gun buyers. They say the largest portion of these buyers are female buyers.
    People are afraid. They are afraid of looters and rioters. They are afraid the government will try to take their guns, which they bought and paid for legally. I think a lot of people are just afraid of the way things are in our country today.
    As far back as I can remember there has been one kind of protest or another from time to time. The Viet Nam war protests and Free Love was the big one I remember. I was an Army Veteran in 1970. There were protests and news coverage, but I don't remember the general fear we have today. Hard working people worked and died building this country into what it is today.
    Too bad the young, uneducated, and lazy part of our population want to tear everything down and build something different.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Pretty sure ballots and court decisions will be the determining factor.

I hesitate to think what the aftermath of a contested election that goes to Trump legally, but is presented as ‘stolen’ by the media looks like in the streets.

If the Senate goes blue, I suspect non-stop impeachment until Pence is installed.
    Like a much larger version of the BLM riots. I think this is the reason people are buying guns and ammo. You can never be to careful.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

ImVho, replacing RBG on the SCOTUS will be the deciding factor that RE-ELECTS President Trump.

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I believe much of what we have been seeing over the last year is going to have a huge impact on voting this year. People are growing sick and tired of the riots and looting, police officers being gunned down, their communities being destroyed, and wanting a SC justice that will rule on the law as prescribed by the Constitution and they are growing tired of our economy being strangled by Democratic leaders over the Covid19 nonsense.

I think that Trump is going to prevail, because they think Trump will act where Biden won't, or can't.

Biden has had over fifty years in politics to do something, anything and hasn't accomplished a damn thing yet.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    1) We're told it'll be a close race, and if so you'll be able to credit just about any statistical blip as the reason why the winner won. None of them will be any more valid than another.

2) Lots of people are buying guns -- yes, but the overwhelming majority of 1st time gun owners are just some terrified twit who bought a Glock with a 10-rd mag, and still thinks an AR-15 is a weapon of war and "high capacity" mags mean blood in the streets. Twit will still support all kinds of gun control because twit is an idiot.

3) Lots of people are afraid of riots -- yes, but Biden will come out in the debates as being very pro law-and-order; he'll blame all the riots on Trump (again), and promise that only he can stop the rioting. Twits will believe him, and not change their voting behavior.

4) the msm brainwashing. No candidate in the history of this planet has ever fought against such a sustained, omnipresent barrage of propaganda attacks as Trump. To claim that we can foresee what that means for the election is crazy.

5) Voting fraud, election tampering, Chinese hackers supporting Biden, interstate voting compact, Bloomberg buying a critical swing state -- there's a crap-ton of "other" attacks on Trump's chances to get re-elected. Ignoring the above, these alone would constitute an unprecedented level of election interference, that no candidate in history has ever had to overcome.

Add them all up, and I'm not seeing a lot of sunshine. For this reason, we need to seat a solid originalist ASAP, because the Court might be our only friend for the next coupla decades.

TXP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Never underestimate a person's willingness to give up the protection right in their hand to someone that promises to provide the security for them.

I've talked to a few of these first time buyers and they are honestly reluctant buyers. If someone can convince them that total security is only a matter of them turning over their gun, they'd do it without questioning how that would disarm the lawless.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    To All,

ImVho, replacing RBG on the SCOTUS will be the deciding factor that RE-ELECTS President Trump.

yours, satx
    I honestly don't think it will change anyone's mind. Liberals will never vote for Trump. And I don't think the middle ground will make up their mind on SCOTUS. More likely, the economy and unrest will be the main factors.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I honestly don't think it will change anyone's mind. Liberals will never vote for Trump. And I don't think the middle ground will make up their mind on SCOTUS. More likely, the economy and unrest will be the main factors.

old ag,

I hope that the HATE, SCREAMING of the FAR LEFT will bring out many people who are PO'ed about the CRAZY antics of the LEFTIST NUTS.

yours, satx

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    old ag,

I hope that the HATE, SCREAMING of the FAR LEFT will bring out many people who are PO'ed about the CRAZY antics of the LEFTIST NUTS.

yours, satx
    Understand. Yes, that could turn off some undecideds to the liberal cause.

Top Bottom