• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sltintexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    My kids are still young, and I'm only dreaming at this point....but anyone have their kids involved in any kids shooting programs.

I've been searching and haven't found too much in our area. There is some 4H stuff local, but I haven't found any NRA or TSRA stuff around.

Anybody got their kids into anything?
    Lynx Defense

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    We took and NRA safety class as a family, but that's about it. We try to shoot regularly together.

Good luck finding something that suits your needs and remember that old bumper sticker ... Hunt with your son today, not for your son tomorrow.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    The Dallas Pistol Club has a well organized airgun (rifle and pistol) program. Don't have to be a member (the parent) to sign them up. I think the cost is lke $60/yearly but I can check and get back to you.

Basically they start of with low power, not to slick guns and then as they move up they start to get to use the really nice stuff. If I remember correctly the price gets you use of guns, pellets, targets and access to the indoor and climate controlled range. They also do some stuff out doors as well. There is a committed coaching staff who work with the kids.

Also a 4H group shoots at the DPC once or so a month as well, they do mostly smallbore (i.e. 22) rifle stuff.

The airgun is a good place to start as alot of the basics are the same between airgun and firearms. They teach safety first and develop good shooting habits.

malladus

supercomp9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Your best bet right now depending on the age of the kids is the 4-H
    I have a 10yr old daughter in it now and in a couple of years I will have my 6yr old son
    in it soon. the 4-H program starts with the kids as early as the 3rd grade or 9 yrs old.
    and depending on your area there is a lot to do in the 4-H shooting sports.
    here is the 4_h shooting sports website Texas 4-H Shooting Sports there is also a forum there that you can ask most any questions..

J.Kee

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom