• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    Does any of you folks have any experience with AK built by Firing Line out of Oklahoma. There receivers are milled and the price for their rifles are around $1600. Thanks for any information.

00-Guy

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    San Antonio
    Nope. Don't know them. But for that price I'd buy a SIG 556R (about $1200-$1350) and use the remainder to buy ammo or AK magazines. You'll come out ahead.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    How about a Centurion 39 for about half that price? Milled from an 11 lb block of steel...
    American Rifleman - Century Arms Centurion 39 Sporter Rifle

If you're gonna go for the Centurion, then get the wood model. It is a much nicer (and more traditional) AK...

IMG_6950_zpsf2da18c6.jpg

Plus, I had to replace the top cover and selector on mine, as they weren't the correct ones for a milled AK. Still, at $600, you can't beat the price especially for a milled rifle!

As for Firing Line, they have a pretty good reputation but I think there are better choices out there for less money!

Cheers! M2

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Heavier, absorb more recoil, supposed to be more accurate apparently. IIRC, the AK was meant to be stamped but they didn't have the tech back then so the milled receiver was a bandaid until they could make stamped ones. MMM can prob confirm if that's just a myth or real life lol.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Subscribed.

Looking at spending around $600 for an AK in the next couple months.

Zastava O-PAPs are probably the best deal going right now.

Just out if curiosity are the milled AKs any better the the stamped ones?
    Heavier, absorb more recoil, supposed to be more accurate apparently. IIRC, the AK was meant to be stamped but they didn't have the tech back then so the milled receiver was a bandaid until they could make stamped ones. MMM can prob confirm if that's just a myth or real life lol.

Not quite sure if they're more accurate but they are milder shooters due to the heavier receiver. Jakashh is correct on the lineage, the original AK-47 was designed around a stamped receiver but the Soviets had problems welding in the guide and ejector rails, causing high rejection rates so they resorted to the milled process using adapted machines for building the Mosin-Nagant.

It wasn't until the development of the AKM in 1959 that the issues were resolved and production returned to using stamped receivers as well as adding the slant muzzle brake to reduce rise.

All said, my Saiga SGL is the best-shooting AK I have, and it's a stamped receiver...

Cheers! M2

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
    silencers
    DK Firearms
    Tyrant Designs
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Weapon displays
    Ammo
    Defender Tactical