first bulid

Kobiash1

Oct 20, 2013
little elm
I have most of the parts for a AR bulid and Im receiving a lower receiver with a can I bought at Silencer Shop. The lower receiver will go through the proper chanells and jump through the ATF hoops. As longs as I make the build " normal" , not SBR or full auto. Do I need to file anything else with the ATF?

LJH

Well-Known
Aug 22, 2011
Austin
I have most of the parts for a AR bulid and Im receiving a lower receiver with a can I bought at Silencer Shop. The lower receiver will go through the proper chanells and jump through the ATF hoops. As longs as I make the build " normal" , not SBR or full auto. Do I need to file anything else with the ATF?
no

bptactical

BANNED!!!
Feb 8, 2013
CO
After re reading your post I will agree with "no".
The lower is the serialized component and therefore the "firearm" in the eyes of the alphabet crew.
The suppressor is a separate item.

T-FAST

Well-Known
Mar 9, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Did you buy the Silencerco Saker that comes with a lower? Either way, at the end of the day its just another lower, so it gets treated just like the rest, so no special paperwork needs to be completed.

Kobiash1

Oct 20, 2013
little elm
Yes it was an ,after the purchase ,"perk". From what I see the suppressor should be of good quality, don't know about the lower. If anyone know please let me know. I'm going to use on my first build.

Top Bottom