• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • georgec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    Bay City, Tx
    How would one know that?

LOL it wasn't first hand info. A buddy of mine who is friends with him was talking to him about more or less the same thing we are talking about now and that's what he told him. He said whats the point in getting you CHL if you are going to leave your gun at home. He seems to be a pretty good guy I have only met him once and it wasn't a traffic stop.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    He stopped me fur speeding, I'm a mid 40yo bald Asian male, dressed in long sleeve button down, w my wife coming back from a cirque de soleil show, had 1 drink several hours earlier, driving a lightly tinted Mazda wagon, stock otherwise at ~ 10pm, 10 over, ticket was eventually dismissed (hired an atty). I work at an engineering firm, answer w yes sir no sir.

I believe if I had NOT presented my CHL , which I no longer have too, he would have conducted a normal stop, license- ins, ticket, go about my business.

sent from my cell phone, far far away but still monitored by the NSA

Why don't you have to present your chl? Did the law change?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Anything other than COP.

Are you going to intra vs inter state? LoL

Last edited:

Richardito

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    The worse thing you can do is tell the Police Officer "I have a gun" during a traffic stop. I always hand over my Driver's License and my CHL. One old cop in NE Houston stopped me on the beltway for speeding and I gave him my ID's. He asked me how many guns I had and I mentioned 2. He freaked out and started shaking right away. I said to myself, WTF is happening here. He told me to keep my hands on the wheel and asked for my insurance so I pointed at the glove compartment and he shouted "Hands on the wheel!". I really thought that this guy could shot me at any moment by now... He finally went back to his cruiser with my IDs' to check them and check my tags. He returned and told me to immediatedly tell the cop that I have a handgun the next time I am stopped (which I know is a no-no) and let me go. Very weird indeed...

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    The worse thing you can do is tell the Police Officer "I have a gun" during a traffic stop.

No, the worst thing you can do is be moving around or grabbing for things as he's walking up. You're right, though, just hand them the DL/CHL and let them ask if they care. Most, seeing the CHL, won't care...

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I don't mind handing them my licenses, but I get pissed when they hand 'em back all sticky.

Y2bad4U

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    polk County
    I got pulled over by a DPS Trooper this weekend driving 74 in 55 zone. I wasn't carrying because had been in a 30.06 location earlier that day and hadn't planned to make a side trip. I presented my CHL anyway and informed him I wasn't carrying, he asked "Why not?". He clearly seemed to be pro CHL He also observed items in my car that indicated I was a Boy Scout Leader, we discussed his scouting experience. He was very professional, I was polite and I was let go with a warning think it all started with his positive attitude toward CHL and my respectful attitude toward him.

I ask that too. Carry all the time people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So_Tx_Rich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I've been stopped twice in the last year or so. Both times handed over my license and CHL, both times let the officer know that I had a pistol in the truck, but not on my person, both times let off with a warning. Probably not because of the CHL, but I do think it is better to be up front than to let them run your license, then come back asking if you are carrying, since your CHL status will show up once they put you in the computer.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I've been stopped twice in the last year or so. Both times handed over my license and CHL, both times let the officer know that I had a pistol in the truck, but not on my person, both times let off with a warning. Probably not because of the CHL, but I do think it is better to be up front than to let them run your license, then come back asking if you are carrying, since your CHL status will show up once they put you in the computer.

Welcome to the forum!

Top Bottom