• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not much back story in the article. With all the times we’ve said “look how many times they should have caught this guy”...

The story said he committed no crime but gives no past history. Maybe there is one, maybe there’s not. IDK.

It’s half a story. I want the rest before I pass judgment.

Flame suit on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I have a feeling it's going to go like this,

Nobody believes it until the crap falls on themselves. Searching for justification. A better them then me dream.

This is the new normal. No fly lists, universal background checks, red flag laws, and gun confiscation.

There's nothing new to see here. Expect it happen.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have a feeling it's going to go like this,

Nobody believes it until the crap falls on themselves. Searching for justification. A better them then me dream.

This is the new normal. No fly lists, universal background checks, red flag laws, and gun confiscation.

There's nothing new to see here. Expect it happen.

I have a feeling one side will claim everything is a false flag or “he was a good boy/guy” and the other side will say that it/he wasn’t. Neither side will need the full story.

Nothing new here. Expect it to happen.

GeorgeandSugar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2017
    Como
    What is missing in the story is why he was identified in the first place. A relative whose own "bias" starts this process.

Where is the due process. Was Willis aware of impending action? A busy body relative sticking their nose in other peoples business perhaps? Tragic!

There has to be more to this process than someone who has a belief/bias perhaps toward guns which triggers this, because they are a do-gooder and sanctimonious and feel they are doing a civic duty. I am suspicious, because I don't trust these people and their motivations.

servis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Denton County
    What is so unusual about answering the door with a pistol in your hand? Especially early in the am when nobody is expected at the door.
    From what I am finding there is no due process. If Bob makes his neighbor angry, his neighbor can sign an affidavit swearing Bob poses a danger to others. Who pays Bob's legal representation? Or funeral expenses. Who determines if the neighbor is just trying to bring grief to Bob or maybe a snowflake who is afraid of firearms in general? Where does the rabbit hole go? Venezuela?

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Practice military tactics (element of surprise/cover of darkness?), the temptation is to use them.
    Seems doing this type operation at 5AM is inviting confrontation ...
    Anyway, hope the dog survived.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    How many people have read the text of the applicable law? Just curious.

I looked it up and started reading on it. I don’t like it, but the way to change it isn’t to fire at the cops. Such acts give the public reason to believe the guy was probably a risk.

The better option would be to find a good 2A lawyer, go to the scheduled hearing within 14 days, and then either appeal if you lose, or if you win file a suite against the state to recuperate court costs and attorney fees. Whatever can be done to get the law to start moving up the through the courts.

This case doesn’t have enough back story or evidence to be “smoking gun” though. Nobody knows what the guy was reported for, one article claims he fired at LE and was shot (as is to be expected), and there is very little actual substance as it relates to this specific case in the article linked in the OP.

The law sucks. It’s poorly written. But I can also go back through TGT and find a lot of members who point out where mass shooters had been previously reported to LE and nothing happened.

Either way, trying to shoot the cops at the door won’t do anything to get this law removed. It will only get you dead and the odds of that death being meaningful are pretty slim.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Maryland, I believe, is near the top of worst states for gun owners. It's not surprising that they would have a law like this in the first place. Without being there it would be very hard to know exactly what happened, but I would imagine there were a few things that went wrong.

I love shooting and I would hate to think that someone could easily take that away from me. I just hope it never comes down to that. Sad.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    How many people have read the text of the applicable law? Just curious.

I looked it up and started reading on it. I don’t like it, but the way to change it isn’t to fire at the cops. Such acts give the public reason to believe the guy was probably a risk.

The better option would be to find a good 2A lawyer, go to the scheduled hearing within 14 days, and then either appeal if you lose, or if you win file a suite against the state to recuperate court costs and attorney fees. Whatever can be done to get the law to start moving up the through the courts.

This case doesn’t have enough back story or evidence to be “smoking gun” though. Nobody knows what the guy was reported for, one article claims he fired at LE and was shot (as is to be expected), and there is very little actual substance as it relates to this specific case in the article linked in the OP.

The law sucks. It’s poorly written. But I can also go back through TGT and find a lot of members who point out where mass shooters had been previously reported to LE and nothing happened.

Either way, trying to shoot the cops at the door won’t do anything to get this law removed. It will only get you dead and the odds of that death being meaningful are pretty slim.

I get what you are saying but that is a sticky situation.

I would have a hard time handing over all my guns because I pissed off a family member or neighbor. I own guns but am an offensive threat to nobody. Defensive yes but different situation.

I think this is how the end begins.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I get what you are saying but that is a sticky situation.

I would have a hard time handing over all my guns because I pissed off a family member or neighbor. I own guns but am an offensive threat to nobody. Defensive yes but different situation.

I think this is how the end begins.

Agree with all of this.

The law is horrible. But I don’t know this is the best example to use when fighting it.

I could be wrong also. The cops may have lied on their report, the family member may have been full of crap, and the guy may have been a model citizen.

It need to go to SCOTUS and be slapped down for lack of due process.

Top Bottom