• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rathmatik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2019
    Dallas
    I use CFE pistol but load at 5.4.

OP, is this your first ever loading experience?
    Tell us about your equipment; if you already have, my bad.

Yes this was my first load ever. I have another post where I asked some questions about calipers and mentioned what I had, but I'll give a quick list here:
    • Lee Hand Press
    • Lee 9mm Deluxe Carbide 4-die set
    • Lee Powder Measure Kit (the scoops)
    • Lee Case Conditioning Kit
    • Lee Powder Funnel
    • RCBS Universal Hand Priming Tool
    • Frankford Arsenal Powder Trickler
    • Frankford Arsenal DS-750 Digital Scale
    • MTM Reloading Tray
    I believe that's mostly everything I purchased to get started. I wanted to get a low-cost starter set and also not have to mount anything on my bench until I determined whether I liked reloading, etc. Since this first experience was pretty great and I'd like to continue, I plan to get the Lee Breech Lock Challenger Press and the Lee Perfect Powder Measure.

Even though I'll be getting a bench press, I'd like to keep the hand press and dippers to put together a "traveler" set.
    DK Firearms

Rathmatik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2019
    Dallas
    If you like reloading and like shooting AND are only going to load one cartridge then I'd suggest saving your pennies and getting a Dillon Square Deal B.

Wow that's fancy, but I'd rather stick with a single stage for now. I've heard progressives require a bit of tinkering to get it right, and I like the simplicity of the single stage.

Also, I do plan on loading .223 and possibly .30-06 later, perhaps others. I just started with 9mm since it was fairly straightforward and I didn't have to get a tumbler to start either.

Rathmatik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2019
    Dallas

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Wow that's fancy, but I'd rather stick with a single stage for now. I've heard progressives require a bit of tinkering to get it right, and I like the simplicity of the single stage.

Also, I do plan on loading .223 and possibly .30-06 later, perhaps others. I just started with 9mm since it was fairly straightforward and I didn't have to get a tumbler to start either.

The only adjustment the SDB requires is the powder measure and bullet seating depth. They are a solid press.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Yes this was my first load ever. I have another post where I asked some questions about calipers and mentioned what I had, but I'll give a quick list here:
    • Lee Hand Press
    • Lee 9mm Deluxe Carbide 4-die set
    • Lee Powder Measure Kit (the scoops)
    • Lee Case Conditioning Kit
    • Lee Powder Funnel
    • RCBS Universal Hand Priming Tool
    • Frankford Arsenal Powder Trickler
    • Frankford Arsenal DS-750 Digital Scale
    • MTM Reloading Tray
    I believe that's mostly everything I purchased to get started. I wanted to get a low-cost starter set and also not have to mount anything on my bench until I determined whether I liked reloading, etc. Since this first experience was pretty great and I'd like to continue, I plan to get the Lee Breech Lock Challenger Press and the Lee Perfect Powder Measure.

Even though I'll be getting a bench press, I'd like to keep the hand press and dippers to put together a "traveler" set.
    Check the LEE site for refurbished presses. I got a Breechlock Challenger for about 1/2 price. I couldn't tell it from new.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom