• ...and so much more!
  • Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Wish I lived closer.

Hell, I may even be willing to spend a few days at the sister-in-law's place, just to be able to attend.

Sounds like a great way to get more people interested in firearms and how they have shaped the course of human events.

Being an avid shooter, and a history major in college, this sort of thing is right up my alley.

I wish I had more than my father's M-1 carbine that he purchased new in the late 1960's when rumors of civil unrest in New Orleans were afoot. Nothing ever happened, but I am glad purchased it. It's a cool piece of history, with a little history of its own.

Good luck with it, and I will certainly be following this. If it winds up being somewhere that is under a 3 hour drive, I might have to make some "arrangements".

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Wish I lived closer.

Hell, I may even be willing to spend a few days at the sister-in-law's place, just to be able to attend.

Sounds like a great way to get more people interested in firearms and how they have shaped the course of human events.

Being an avid shooter, and a history major in college, this sort of thing is right up my alley.

I wish I had more than my father's M-1 carbine that he purchased new in the late 1960's when rumors of civil unrest in New Orleans were afoot. Nothing ever happened, but I am glad purchased it. It's a cool piece of history, with a little history of its own.

Good luck with it, and I will certainly be following this. If it winds up being somewhere that is under a 3 hour drive, I might have to make some "arrangements".

We will be going to Best of the West in Liberty Hill, the link in the first post should take you to the group, or the one in my sig line.

That's an interesting story about your carbine. I was born in Los Angeles, and my dad was there during the 1965 riots. At that time the LAPD did not have anything larger than the .38 special revolvers they carried so during the riot they bought out the entire inventory of the National Ordnance company which made reproduction m1 carbines. I actually have one because my dad did the same exact thing, he bought an m1 carbine the day of the riots. From having experienced the LA riots of 1992 I can agree, always better to have than not, especially when you see first hand how close but how far the PD can really be from helping you.

If you can't come this time round I'll be planning an April meet as well, just trying to figure out if/ when my parents will be visiting.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    We will be going to Best of the West in Liberty Hill, the link in the first post should take you to the group, or the one in my sig line.

That's an interesting story about your carbine. I was born in Los Angeles, and my dad was there during the 1965 riots. At that time the LAPD did not have anything larger than the .38 special revolvers they carried so during the riot they bought out the entire inventory of the National Ordnance company which made reproduction m1 carbines. I actually have one because my dad did the same exact thing, he bought an m1 carbine the day of the riots. From having experienced the LA riots of 1992 I can agree, always better to have than not, especially when you see first hand how close but how far the PD can really be from helping you.

If you can't come this time round I'll be planning an April meet as well, just trying to figure out if/ when my parents will be visiting.
    Cool history.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    If you want to do an April meet, why not coordinate it at TSSR with the Family Reunion Meet on the first Saturday in April?

Only about an hour from Austin and could potentially draw in more attendees for both groups.

I only say this because I am not into what your group is about but always like to learn and see historical firearms.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If you want to do an April meet, why not coordinate it at TSSR with the Family Reunion Meet on the first Saturday in April?

Only about an hour from Austin and could potentially draw in more attendees for both groups.

I only say this because I am not into what your group is about but always like to learn and see historical firearms.

Good idea! Thanks!

Top Bottom