• ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Hi all, first post.

San Diego native, moving to the DFW area around New Years for work. Really, really looking forward to the move. Wife and I are both San Diego natives, so this is a going to be a major move, with trying to pin down an area to live in and get our kids in elementary.

Looking at the Frisco/Allen area, and have looked into Legacy Preparatory Academy in Plano. Not the greatest score on greatschools.com, looks like the biggest downfalls are clubs and sports. Shouldn't be too much of an issue for our Kindergarten twins.

Anyhow, just sold my P226 MK25, P227 Equinox, and Pap M92 since they are no longer available in CA. Excited to replace them in TX. That P227 Tacops has me drooling!

Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself.

Sent from my Nokia 5160 using Snake

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Welcome and if you want to keep those guns, never vote for a democrat. They may say, "I'm a gun owner" or "I'm a hunter", but they will strip your gun rights just as fast as they did in commiefornia.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Welcome and if you want to keep those guns, never vote for a democrat. They may say, "I'm a gun owner" or "I'm a hunter", but they will strip your gun rights just as fast as they did in commiefornia.
    I'm a little insulted but I understand

Not a worry, we've been looking for an out for awhilr, was planning on AZ next summer, but low and behold my company did me a favor and put me in TX.

Drives me nuts when people think Gov Moonbeam is "OK" because he's supposedly a gun guy... he's still a dem!

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    I'm a little insulted but I understand

Don't worry, your skin will thicken the longer you're here.

Keep "this is how we did it in California" to a minimum too, because no one cares. Once you move here, you're a Texan and there's no reason to mention your oppressed past.

That said, Welcome to TGT and the Republic of Texas!

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth

Keep "this is how we did it in California" to a minimum too, because no one cares. Once you move here, you're a Texan and there's no reason to mention your oppressed past.

hahaha! Thanks! We're really looking forward to being Texans.
    I've been out to DFW, mostly east, 3 times this year for work and have loved it every time. Pretty much everywhere from Denison to Nagadoches, Dallas to Mt. Pleasant.

Hell, we're not even sure if we're Chargers fans anymore with all the hoopla they've been pulling with the stadium.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Any suggestions on where to live?

4 small kids: 2 kinder, 1 pre K, and a 3 year old.

Looking for a good school district, low crime, and prefer newish surroundings, although one thinf we hate about CA is the 4000 sq ft homes on 1/8 acre lots.... so we are open to newer areas that aren't necessarily HOA/Tract homes.

All my research points to Frisco and Allen...

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Welcome. A home with a yard should not be too hard. Don't know much about the DFW area though. But generally, for what you pay in Ca. for that, you get a home and several whole acres.

from an idgit coffeeholic

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx

10yrs in texas is the adoption Time frame welcome

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Welcome from a fellow former Californian!

Hope you aren't particularly attached to the mountains; it's pretty flat out here. Plenty of trees (in some areas) though.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Welcome from a fellow former Californian!

Hope you aren't particularly attached to the mountains; it's pretty flat out here. Plenty of trees (in some areas) though.
    nah, not a big mountain man. Have driven through the DFW area a few times this year and it's all good with me. Only thing we'll miss, besides family, is the beach being 10 minutes away.

only concerns are the signs at every bridge "Bridge May Ice in Cold Weather"
    Is it that bad? Do i need to get a 4x4 or AWD for my wife when she drives the kids? Or do I just sound like a crazy Californian?

LazermanTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    Plano-Dallas- South Africa
    You will love it in Frisco or Allen they basically touch each other, very clean, calm, new new places to eat, play, explore. It's kinda like La jolla 20 years ago.

Home prices are fantastic with low low interest rates.

Your kids will love the open space and clean air and NOOOOOO traffic.

Are you part of the huge Toyota group??

We can maybe meet up and join us at a few ranges once you are settled.

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    nah, not a big mountain man. Have driven through the DFW area a few times this year and it's all good with me. Only thing we'll miss, besides family, is the beach being 10 minutes away.

only concerns are the signs at every bridge "Bridge May Ice in Cold Weather"
    Is it that bad? Do i need to get a 4x4 or AWD for my wife when she drives the kids? Or do I just sound like a crazy Californian?

In Dallas, it will get that bad in the winter. Unlike us further South, North Texas does get its fair share of ice, but it lasts a few weeks at best and is intermittent like all other Texas weather phenomena....except for summer heat, you can count on that for sure. A solid AWD SUV is a good bet if you're concerned about the weather and commuting in it year round with kids.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom