• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    ok the more research i do, the more i realize there are a gazillion places to live in DFW. right now looking at Mansfield.

So the new question is, where should we NOT live? Arlington?

Sent from my Nokia 5160 using Snake

Last edited:

BrettB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2015
    Welcome! Wife and I bought a home in Allen in 2014 but smaller than you are looking for. The school district is well regarded and the football program is the state champion the last few years for what it's worth to you. However the tax rate for Allen schools seems outrageous to me since we don't have any children yet in life. It's more than the city and county taxes combined. Voters here approved the high rates to build that world famous mega stadium for football that holds 18000+ spectators.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions about the area as I've grown up near Frisco and now live in Allen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Welcome! Wife and I bought a home in Allen in 2014 but smaller than you are looking for. The school district is well regarded and the football program is the state champion the last few years for what it's worth to you. However the tax rate for Allen schools seems outrageous to me since we don't have any children yet in life. It's more than the city and county taxes combined. Voters here approved the high rates to build that world famous mega stadium for football that holds 18000+ spectators.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions about the area as I've grown up near Frisco and now live in Allen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thanks!

Just did some quick calculations.... tax on a 400k house in Allen is 9660 a year! That's pretty substantial. It's even higher in Mansfield.

Well, the flip side is even though property tax in San Diego is about half, $400k gets us either a 2000 sq ft house in a less desireable area.
    We couldn't even buy the townhouse we're renting now, 1460 sq ft 3/2.5. Our yard is about 15x30 and shares all 3 fence sides.

Texas can't come soon enough!

Sent from my Nokia 5160 using Snake

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom