• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silver_2000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    CARROLLTON
    I wonder if the .38 wadcutter ammo is Blazer aluminum. I haven't seen any in forever but that was the most accurate factory .38 I've ever shot.
    PXL_20221002_181109523.jpg
    PXL_20221002_181036864.jpg
    PXL_20221002_181028754.jpg

Here are images of the 38 wadcutter and some hornady in the same box
    Military Camp

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Here are images of the 38 wadcutter and some hornady in the same box
    Thanks for the reply. That's good to know.

Per your request, I edited the new TGT link into your original post.

It's clear you're trying to comply with the rules and we're certainly willing to cut you some slack on that. Thanks for the effort.

Also, please see your ad for another little note.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Im not an expert. What source would provide "competitive " prices ? I used ammo seek. And used the lowest prices on ammo seek and generally rounded down. Ill be happy to adjust the prices to what another source lists . Most sources Ive checked are out of stock or have similar prices. We will entertain offers but this isnt a fire sale. There is no sales tax, no shipping and you get to keep the ammo boxes.
    So did I . Your 45-70 is about $1 per round more than it is on ammo seek, your .25auto is about .37 per round higher that the listings there and the .38spc is about .11 higher and your .30 carbine is .28 more expensive per round. Those were all I looked at.
    I have seen most of the ammo you have listed on the shelf at cabelas, sheels, and academy for less.

I am not knocking your prices, and would never post this in a classified “for sale” ad , but you asked.

silver_2000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    CARROLLTON
    So did I . Your 45-70 is about $1 per round more than it is on ammo seek, your .25auto is about .37 per round higher that the listings there and the .38spc is about .11 higher and your .30 carbine is .28 more expensive per round. Those were all I looked at.
    I have seen most of the ammo you have listed on the shelf at cabelas, sheels, and academy for less.

I am not knocking your prices, and would never post this in a classified “for sale” ad , but you asked.
    Glad for the feedback
    Glad to see that ammo seek is reasonable source
    I didnt run down the price of every caliber that were the smaller random quantities -
    The cheapest Hornady 45-70 on ammo seek is $2.50 a round - ill need to adjust this some -
    I'll do that and repost the sheet

This collection started at 125 guns and 2x this ammo. Been working on this sale on and off and moving these around for 4 years.... so some data is old or wrong or I was simply confused.

I've received a number of PMs so far and appreciate all of the help and input. Ill be glad to free up the space in the garage ....

silver_2000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    CARROLLTON
    I've posted a new threads w the guns and the ammo.

I'm really impressed with the input and feedback from the members , wish I had come here years ago... I'd be done selling and could actually shoot some...

Thanks to all

And keep the feedback coming

silver_2000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    CARROLLTON
    You should do some research on people that have been convicted of federal felonies for operating as an unlicensed FFL .

What got them convicted were in a whole bunch of cases a bill of sale.
    Thanks for the heads up
    Im selling a personal collection for my MIL. Ive had attorneys for the NRA review the transport and sale of these items.

Also there has been ZERO buying only selling. And FIL spent likely 5x on the collection compared to what we are selling for.

From ATF
    "May a person who is relocating out-of-state move firearms with other household goods?
    Yes. A person who lawfully possesses a firearm may transport or ship the firearm interstate when changing their state of residence. If using a moving company, you must notify the mover that firearms are being transported."

"To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?
    A person may transfer a firearm to an unlicensed resident of their state, provided the transferor does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the transferee is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under federal law. There may be state laws that regulate intrastate firearm transactions. A person considering transferring a firearm should contact their State Attorney General’s Office to inquire about the laws and possible state or local restrictions."

"What recordkeeping procedures should be followed when two unlicensed individuals want to engage in a firearms transaction?
    When a transaction takes place between unlicensed persons who reside in the same state, the Gun Control Act (GCA) does not require any record keeping. An unlicensed person may sell a firearm to another unlicensed person in their state of residence and, similarly, an unlicensed person may buy a firearm from another unlicensed person who resides in the same state. It is not necessary under federal law for a federal firearms licensee (FFL) to assist in the sale or transfer when the buyer and seller are “same–state” residents."

"As a general rule, you will need a license if you repetitively buy and sell firearms with the principal motive of making a profit. In contrast,
    if you only make occasional sales of firearms from your personal collection, you do not need to be licensed. "

"Courts have identified several factors relevant to determining on which side of that line your activities may fall, including: whether
    you represent yourself as a dealer in firearms; whether you are repetitively buying and selling firearms; the circumstances under
    which you are selling firearms; and whether you are looking to make a profit. Note that while quantity and frequency of sales are relevant
    indicators, courts have upheld convictions for dealing without a license when as few as two firearms were sold, or when only one or
    two transactions took place, when other factors were also present. "

"What does it mean to be “engaged in the business of dealing in firearms”?
    Under federal law, a person engaged in the business of dealing in firearms is a person who “devotes time, attention and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the
    repetitive purchase and resale of firearms.”
    Under federal law, conducting business “with the principal objective of livelihood and profit” means that “the intent underlying the sale or disposition of firearms is predominantly one of obtaining livelihood and pecuniary gain, as opposed to other intents, such as improving or liquidating a personal firearms collection.” Consistent with this approach, federal law explicitly exempts persons “who make
    occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms.”

silver_2000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    CARROLLTON
    Here is the reason for the bill of sale - I hope it doesnt prevent a sale but if it does Ill keep trying

"Keeping a Record of the Sale
    Though Texas law does not require you to keep formal paperwork documenting the change in ownership, we highly recommend that you do. Should the firearm be used in illegal activity, this bill of sale can help to prove that you are no longer the owner of the gun."

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Here is the reason for the bill of sale - I hope it doesnt prevent a sale but if it does Ill keep trying

"Keeping a Record of the Sale
    Though Texas law does not require you to keep formal paperwork documenting the change in ownership, we highly recommend that you do. Should the firearm be used in illegal activity, this bill of sale can help to prove that you are no longer the owner of the gun."
    It also “proves” you have sold firearms without a license.

In your case, lots of firearms.

If you don’t think they won’t go after a quick “win” with making you spend $100,000+ hiring an attorney then offer you a plea to something less just to say they prosecuted and got a conviction for an unlicensed gun dealer, then you have not been paying attention.

There are FFLs on this site that will back up what I am saying.
    @TexasRedneck @Renegade. @V-Tach care to chime in?

Top Bottom