Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    PLEASE LETS RETURN TO THE POINT OF THE THREAD
    Uh...

TGT isn't like most forums. We tolerate thread drift far more than most. As you gain time here, you'll come to understand.

So, as for your request, if you maintain compelling conversation about the titular subject then the thread won't drift much or for very long. What happens is mostly up to you.
    Capitol Armory ad

silver_2000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    CARROLLTON
    Ok since the admins are accepting the thread migration. Lets discuss. A piece of paper is stated to do NO good in court to keep seller from being charged with future crime of buyer, BUT the same piece of paper WILL work in court to charge the seller ... Hmm ok. You lost me .
    Either it has impact in court or it doesnt. I heard today from a member that there is a long history of bashing the BOS issue, beating it to death and then lighting it on fire. So Im doomed to hear from the keyboard warriors.

The beauty of these forums is EVERYONE has an opinion. And outside of the admins and mods they ALL have the same value.
    Im requiring a BOS. Since Im breaking no laws there is no issue. If BOS bothers you DONT buy ... Move along .. Or not ...

Thanks to all who have responded and purchased.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Im requiring a BOS. Since Im breaking no laws there is no issue. If BOS bothers you DONT buy ... Move along .. Or not ...
    That's exactly the attitude you should have. Your sale is subject to your terms. Period.

I should note that the reason we have rules against thread drift or general discussions in the threads following the actual ad is exactly this. In the classifieds, people need to buy, ask pertinent questions, or scroll on by.

Elsewhere on the forum, procedures, like everything else in the world, are open for discussion.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Ok since the admins are accepting the thread migration. Lets discuss. A piece of paper is stated to do NO good in court to keep seller from being charged with future crime of buyer, BUT the same piece of paper WILL work in court to charge the seller ... Hmm ok. You lost me .
    Either it has impact in court or it doesnt. I heard today from a member that there is a long history of bashing the BOS issue, beating it to death and then lighting it on fire. So Im doomed to hear from the keyboard warriors.

The beauty of these forums is EVERYONE has an opinion. And outside of the admins and mods they ALL have the same value.

My challenge to you is to show a single case where a BOS has helped keep someone out of jail.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area

So, if someone buys from you, you will give that person a receipt showing they bought the gun/ammo and did not steal them.

silver_2000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    CARROLLTON
    My challenge to you is to show a single case where a BOS has helped keep someone out of jail.
    Show an example of a BOS related prosecution that didn't include falsified records, Lynn jg to feds, and or buying just to sell. Show one where a single individual sold a collection and was prosecuted.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Show an example of a BOS related prosecution that didn't include falsified records, Lynn jg to feds, and or buying just to sell. Show one where a single individual sold a collection and was prosecuted.
    You know that was a trap question, right? I knew as sure as I wear a size 13 shoe that you would respond with EXACTLY what you responded with.

Look up Abramski. After you look him up, look up Marcus Braziel. Both convicted on the basis of keeping immaculate records for their protection.

There is another, ex cop that sold only a few guns but again, detailed records got him some fed time.
    @Renegade or @TexasRedneck might remember that one in particular.

Happens all the time.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    No, guy I am thinking of sold a .50 to someone who got caught selling it to a prohibited person ( iirc) middle man named original owner and original owner kept BOS for all guns he sold and THAT was the nail that got him the unlicensed dealer conviction. Thought it was in Texas

I remember. I’ll have to do some research on it though.

There’s more convictions of cops being unlicensed dealers likely because of the CA roster and politics, but those aren’t the only ones.

Honestly, too many to count.

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    My guess is Silver 2000 was born in 2000, is a snowflake liberal and can’t conceive of the possibility that the government would ever do something like that. Probably has been double vaxxed, double boosted and still wears a mask while driving alone in his car.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    John Shipley, FBI. Note he was not an FFL.
    “Finally, jurors found that on March 21, 2008, Shipley provided to federal authorities a document—a Dealers’ Firearms Record Book—which Shipley claimed was his only complete and accurate listing of the firearms he bought and sold, knowing that he had another Dealers’ Firearms Record Book which contained a more extensive descriptive and accurate list of firearms he bought and sold.”

ETA: details on the whole sordid affair

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    John Shipley, FBI. Note he was not an FFL.
    “Finally, jurors found that on March 21, 2008, Shipley provided to federal authorities a document—a Dealers’ Firearms Record Book—which Shipley claimed was his only complete and accurate listing of the firearms he bought and sold, knowing that he had another Dealers’ Firearms Record Book which contained a more extensive descriptive and accurate list of firearms he bought and sold.”

ETA: details on the whole sordid affair

Thanks, that’s the one.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    My guess is Silver 2000 was born in 2000, is a snowflake liberal and can’t conceive of the possibility that the government would ever do something like that. Probably has been double vaxxed, double boosted and still wears a mask while driving alone in his car.
    You reckon he trips lil old ladies and clubs baby seals for entertainment, too?
    If you don't like his terms don't buy from him, simple as that.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    No reason to get mean. Just trying to shed light to folks that are grossly misinformed on the issue.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    No, Doug had a Silver 2000 Ford Lightning, and he wasn't born yesterday.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom