• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ever since I started shooting, I've wanted to "move" outside the box. I grew up with nerf guns, laser tag and all other types of "shoot on the move" games as opposed to stand up FPS arcade games. So at the first chance, I took one of Shiloh's tactical classes.

This was my first time carrying a loaded weapon on my body and it took a little getting used to....mostly because the IWB holster I selected was not a molded type and re-holstering was a challange. The High-noon "split decision" is great for holding and drawing my Sig P2022, but isn't so great for a smooth reholster.

Class Review: The class was everything I needed to introduce me to situational shooting. The staff was professional and helpful....even to a noob like myself and made me feel welcome and well instructed. I'm sure i will eventually remember names but that will come eventually.

Self-Review: For the most part, I was on target for the standing portion. I have difficulty moving while drawing the weapon, but shooting on the move is no problem. Practice will eventually take care of this.

Thanks Shiloh for an awesome experience. I will definatly be back
    Capitol Armory ad

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Thanks brother! Come on back, it's a whole different ballgame not havin' those brick walls on both sides of ya, isn't it? No more standing there and just pokin' holes for ya now!

radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Thanks brother! Come on back, it's a whole different ballgame not havin' those brick walls on both sides of ya, isn't it? No more standing there and just pokin' holes for ya now!

What's the advanced class like? Is it more focused on shooting-on-the-move?

I'm going to get a new holster and come back probably in the next 2 weeks.

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009

what is the cost and timing of the class - sounds interesting to me

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    We appreciate your enthusiasm but let's get comfortable with crawling before we start running in the advanced class! We will let you know when the time is right for you to go on Wednesday's. We need to build a comfort zone as much of the shooting is done with low or no light. Tuesdays classes are $25 from 7-8ish.

radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    We appreciate your enthusiasm but let's get comfortable with crawling before we start running in the advanced class! We will let you know when the time is right for you to go on Wednesday's. We need to build a comfort zone as much of the shooting is done with low or no light. Tuesdays classes are $25 from 7-8ish.

You're probably right. I need to get familier with my holster (which isn't even here yet) before I get too excited. Sounds like fun. Do you require mounted lights for the advanced class? (just curious)

Top Bottom