• ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Headed south on HWY 6 in Hearne.
    Stopped for gas or a piss, don't remember.
    Got back on the highway and big truck was pulling a trailer blocking both lanes up ahead.

F150 overtakes him down the medium, so when I caught up, I punch it and do the same. Probably about 85mph just to get it over with

Tahoe teletransports from outer space and lights me up.

Long story short, gave him my DL and LTC, told him I was carrying, he said "OK, let me run this real quick and if everything is good I'll let you go with a warning"

I was pretty ecstatic. I tend to overthink my year-round tan a lot. Officer ends up chatting with me for a minute and bids me well.

Not sure I'd have the same outcome in Dallas, I dunno.
    I'm hoping more often than not I'd be treated the same in Ft. Worth. Well, ultimately I'd like to not get pulled over again...

That's my story.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    For doing 15over and driving erratically, you are damn lucky you didn't get a ticket

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I have only been pulled over once or twice in Texas but a hand full of times over the last 15 years with a CHL. I am under the assumption that a CHL along with not being a obvious drug addict goes a long ways. Profiling aside, I have had a couple times that it feels like providing a CHL made "the" difference in just getting a warning.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    For doing 15over and driving erratically, you are damn lucky you didn't get a ticket

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...
    that's what I thought...

then he reminded me that I was still in a 55 coming out of the little town....

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I've been pulled over twice since I got my CHL (but my last speeding ticket was in 90 so I don't get pulled over a lot). First time was an expired inspection sticker which came right after I got a new windshield. Sticker didn't match my truck so I got screwed by the window guy and didn't notice. Cop gave me a ticket and said if you get it fixed withing a week, take it down to the courthouse and they'll dismiss it, which they did.

Last time was recently. I put 560,000 miles on my old truck. My new one feels like you're not moving and doesn't make any noise, so it's easy to go a little too fast. Got caught doing 70 in a 55. Surprised the heck out of me I was even doing 70. I got off with a warning. He asked why I was going so fast and I told him about how it was a new truck totally different than the old one and I just didn't know I was going that fast.

Both times the cops handed back the CHL first and said thank you or you can put that up. Both were very polite (I was polite to them first). The speeding was in a small town known for speed traps, but I'm from a close by small town too. I'd like to think the CHL helped, but by daughter got pulled over in a different close by small town that is known for speed traps, with two toddlers in the back seat, and she still got the ticket. She's sometimes mean though so perhaps she just wasn't polite?

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    I think a LTC is sort of a stamp that you're an upstanding citizen, most veteran policemen probably knows those that carry a LTC are the good guys, so they tend to go easier on us.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I think a LTC is sort of a stamp that you're an upstanding citizen, most veteran policemen probably knows those that carry a LTC are the good guys, so they tend to go easier on us.
    that's what I was thinking as well. We are usually straight shooters (no pun intended), and we've passed an FBI background check.

I've heard of encounters where the LEO have said something like "thanks, we know you have our back" which I understand... but it makes it sound like I have full ammo cans and a police scanner on me haha.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    For doing 15over and driving erratically, you are damn lucky you didn't get a ticket...

Not around here. If you're not doing at least 15 over, you're getting run off the road! :O

Of course, traffic enforcement in San Antonio is so sporadic, most drivers don't care.

Having recently driven around the Washington, DC area; I'll take horrible Texas drivers any day of the week.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I tend to overthink my year-round tan a lot.
    30 over posted limit and you would even remotely suggest racial profiling? Yes, yes you do.

On a lighter note, I agree with all the comments a LTC can be beneficial during a stop.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    30 over posted limit and you would even remotely suggest racial profiling? Yes, yes you do.

On a lighter note, I agree with all the comments a LTC can be beneficial during a stop.
    I never suggested racial profiling, he probably couldn't even tell what I was until he walked up. He had been behind me the entire time.

What i meant was - I never know how I might be treated in smaller towns. That is, once he walks up and I roll down my window.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Suggest? Imply? No matter, thanks for clearing it up.

what I'm getting at is that I wasn't suggesting/implying/insinuating that I was pulled over due to color.
    Make no mistake I was pulled over for barreling down the median. In terms of "profiling", that was not ever a thought.

Of all the times I've been pulled over in my life, I have been pulled over twice for no reason. Once at 18, when I looked like a trouble maker, and the other as recent as 4 years ago right after my youngest was born. Both times ended well, likely because I'm respectful and well-spoken.

So yes, I do tend to overthink my color.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    LOL. I've got it! My "No matter" didn't come across as intended, which was completely accepting. ;)

TxOverland

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    you lucky dog the last time i got pulled over for a stunt like that the cop gave me 3 tickets one for speeding another for wreckless driving and another for failure to yield you couldent even make this up if you tried

Top Bottom