• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Erin0129

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    Dallas
    I just bought my first gun today its a sp2022 sig. It came with 15 round mags and was wondering if I could get a smaller grip or just nw grips because its really rough. I sound stupid I know but today was my first time ever to shoot a handgun and my dad took me to show me the basics I went from a smith and wesson 40 to the sig 9. Please let me know. Thanks Erin
    Gun Zone Deals

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Hey Erin, you don't sound stupid for asking questions or wanting to make the gun work for you.

As far as the texture is concerned... the grip is rough to help with wet hand recoil control. One thing you can do in the meantime is wear gloves, or take a small rubber tube, like a bicycle tire innertube, and slip it over the grip. That will take away the roughness and leave a grippy surface.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Did it only come with the grip installed on the gun? The SP2022 should come with more than one backstrap, but if I remember correctly they came with the medium and large. One of them was also smooth, but again I'm thinking it was actually the large. Let me do some checking for you and I'll be back to report in..........

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I haven't found much in the way of info on them, but I did find two options:

Small grip from TopGunSupply.com (awesome company)
    [url]http://www.topgunsupply.com/factory-sig-replacement-grips-sigpro-small.html[/URL]

Crimson Trace Laser Grips:
    [url]http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Products/SigSauer/LG438/tabid/183/Default.aspx[/URL]

Both of these appear to be similarly textured and may not be of any real use compared to the original unless you need the smaller size and can live with the stippling.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    And Texas1911 is right, you don't sound stupid. You have to start somewhere and asking/reading/researching is the easiest way. Oh yeah, and "Welcome aboard" too.

Erin0129

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    Dallas
    I believe it has medium grips on it. I bought it used so Ilm not sure about the large grips but it came with everything else including 2 mags cleaning brushes and rod, oil, and the lock. That helps a lot I would like small grips because I have really small hands as far as the texture I'll try the glove or tube thing. Thanks

Top Bottom