• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    When I was working hauling various RVs to dealerships and sleeping in truck stop parking lots, women approached me all the time...

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Open carry MAKES you an easier target. A known opponent is always easier than an unknown.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    One person open carrying may be a target; three people open carrying is a deterrent...

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Open carry MAKES you an easier target. A known opponent is always easier than an unknown.

Or better yet

6b291f274994e45f0c15ee8e5797e4ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I was once approached at a truck stop by a woman, (still not sure it really was a woman to be honest!) and she wanted $50 for........never mind!

'Zactly. However some were not bold enough to come right out and maybe were waiting for me to make the request? IDK, I wasn't always sure what they were up to. But many were obvious lot lizards.

One time, after a long day driving and delivering the RV then picking up a backhaul, I was sleeping in a rest stop between Denver and Col Springs. That was when the wife was still riding on trips with me. Anyway, I was asleep draped all over the front seat when there came a knock on the window. This gal was there and I asked her what she wanted; the wife's head popped up and she asked what was going on also. So the gal says her car won't start and she needs some help, could I please come out. I offered her my cellphone but she didn't want it and I went back to sleep. The next morning as we were leaving that same gal was all the way down at the other restroom, with her boyfriend and a bunch of towels etc around their car. I figured I dodged a big bullet there. But later I found my brakelight control burned out... apparently my arm had fallen down and pushed on the brake pedal for too long. Turns out, a brake light steady on is a signal that one wants "service". I didn't know that at the time, but later was much more careful about it. LOL

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX

I saw that movie too. Thing is, the characters you describe don't keep me up at night. The bad guy I am describing is a basic bully that grasps for low hanging fruit. They are frequently cowards that would prefer the contents of the register at a different convenience store where they ain't gotta be worried about that guy with a gun. The tactical types that take hostages and shoot folks for effect are rarely gonna work that hard for $97 in the circle k register.

The life I live is very different from a security or protection detail. Seriously, I'd expect I am more likely to be shot for my pistol than my wallet or my watch.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk

Reactions: gll

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I saw that movie too. Thing is, the characters you describe don't keep me up at night. The bad guy I am describing is a basic bully that grasps for low hanging fruit. They are frequently cowards that would prefer the contents of the register at a different convenience store where they ain't gotta be worried about that guy with a gun. The tactical types that take hostages and shoot folks for effect are rarely gonna work that hard for $97 in the circle k register.

The life I live is very different from a security or protection detail. Seriously, I'd expect I am more likely to be shot for my pistol than my wallet or my watch.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk
    If it makes you feel safer to think "the bad guys" are all idiots don't let me cause your feelings injury by stating the truth.

Enjoy your own security theater...

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    If it makes you feel safer to think "the bad guys" are all idiots don't let me cause your feelings injury by stating the truth.

Enjoy your own security theater...

If your scenario was reality there’s be dead open carriers everywhere.

There’s not.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    If your scenario was reality there’s be dead open carriers everywhere.

There’s not.

Just because CC is USUALLY better from a tactical standpoint for civilians, doesn't mean OC is terrible. But the reasons stated for the OC was in reality just making him feel better and not making him safer.

Access and speed of deployment are a legitimate tactical reasons for OC, but "so people know not to mess with me" isn't.

You do you. Every decision has its advantages and disadvantages. YOU have to make the final choice and accept the risks and rewards of that choice be it CC vs OC or shower vs bath.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Just because CC is USUALLY better from a tactical standpoint for civilians, doesn't mean OC is terrible. But the reasons stated for the OC was in reality just making him feel better and not making him safer.

Access and speed of deployment are a legitimate tactical reasons for OC, but "so people know not to mess with me" isn't.

You do you. Every decision has its advantages and disadvantages. YOU have to make the final choice and accept the risks and rewards of that choice be it CC vs OC or shower vs bath.

I don’t disagree with most of what you said. I just grow tired of the hyperbolic arguments about open carriers being targeted. The facts just don’t back that up.

Everyone should be able to carry how they see fit for sure.

mleroyl

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    As a practical matter, most folks don't notice OC. Look at their eyes - many don't see much of anything going on around them.

So true...
    Successful organizational leaders have to constantly work against this cognitive dissonance and the biases we develop to continue whatever narrative we adhere to....
    Drive me nuts when I see it in my family....
    They look at me like I’m crazy sometimes....like it’s no big deal...
    I guess it’s a “through the looking glass” problem.... once the lenses come off there’s no turning back.

Top Bottom