• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrazosCoTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Brazos County, TX
    Wife had business in Austin on Saturday, so the night before did an internet search for ranges there. Decided Red's North would be the closest, so I headed over there with my newest, never fired purchase-- Springfield LW Operator.

Very impressed with Red's North. Courteous, professional looking staff. Excellent range facility in terms of target retrieval system, extra target prices and availability, ventilation system, overall cleanliness, and product inventory in the store. Price to shoot was reasonable. They charge by the hour, but I'm sure that if they didn't, they might have some folks loitering all day.

The LW Operator ate 100 rounds with zero hiccups. Way more accurate than the shooter-- made me look good. All in all, a great way to spend a morning in Austin (well, Pflugerville).

Based upon this customer's experience, Red's North is highly recommended. I'll be back.

Semper Fidelis
    NRA, TSRA, and GSSF member
    Venture Surplus ad

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Sir, were you the one dressed in the Glock hat with the Glock bag? I'm pretty sure I signed you in and was the RSO on duty when you were shooting, I remember you saying your wife had some business in Austin.

Thank you for the complements, we try very hard at Red's to make everything go smoothly.

On a side note, I am in the process of convincing our purchaser to start stocking CHL related gear; proper holsters, gun belts, etc for comfortable carry. Kind of hard for me to sign up a customer for a class, sell them a gun and ammo, but then have to refer them to an online dealer for carry gear.

BrazosCoTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Brazos County, TX
    Yep, that was me...

Keep up the good work. I'm sure that you have already built a pretty loyal clientele, and a big part of that is good ole customer service.

See you next time.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    On a side note, I am in the process of convincing our purchaser to start stocking CHL related gear; proper holsters, gun belts, etc for comfortable carry. Kind of hard for me to sign up a customer for a class, sell them a gun and ammo, but then have to refer them to an online dealer for carry gear.

Actually, it's probably better that they order it online. You'd have to stock a million different options. Calvin is probably doing the ordering, and he should know that it's something that won't move very fast. We are routinely dusting alot of our gun specific holsters down at the South store.

Tell Red the South store is going to outsell him this weekend. If he says bullshit then tell him he needs twice the store and 50% more lanes to outsell us.

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Actually, it's probably better that they order it online. You'd have to stock a million different options. Calvin is probably doing the ordering, and he should know that it's something that won't move very fast. We are routinely dusting alot of our gun specific holsters down at the South store.

Tell Red the South store is going to outsell him this weekend. If he says bullshit then tell him he needs twice the store and 50% more lanes to outsell us.

If we get anything CHL related, it will mainly be a few of the most common holsters (for 1911 or Glock as an example), plus some belts and even some gun purses. Right now, I am having to show customers my Kramer holster and Galco belt just so they have an idea of what a proper rig is. I have turned many customers away from our bulky, kydex, OWB-type holsters and have informed them not to mount a nice holster on a $20 dress belt from WalMart.

Try your best to outsell the North store...not going to happen.:p

ebk06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Austin
    The north store kicks ass and once I quit buying so much ammo I'm going to get an AR from you guys....if everyone would quit buying them before me LOL

ronzorelli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Round Rock, TX
    I went to Red's North early yesterday afternoon. My friend and I shot his 30-30 lever action and my 9mm pistol. We blew through quite a bit of ammo and had a royal blast doing it.

The guys there were real nice and courteous to us.

I'll be back there again, for sure.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    I live by the south location, wish I could say they have good equiptment. But the personel are nice and they helped me get some powder one time when everybody was out.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I always go to red's north right before hunting season to scope my rifles in. Very nice place, nice folk and helpful. However, Last season someone was firing a 243 browning with a BOSS brake 4 booths down and every time that cannon went off, I was shaken. Extremely loud.

stilettosixshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Delighted to see a Red's thread :)

New lady shooter, have recently tried out the South and North Red's. South store had an awesome guy who helped me clean out my new revolver so that my empty cartridges wouldn't keep sticking, and the North store was very helpful in picking out some new ammo and getting set up on the range. Prefer the North location for the size and roomy-ness of the range lanes, but think both stores were absolutely excellent.

Well done! Now, when can I expect to get more than two boxes of .22 cal rounds at a time? :) I shot up that much in half an hour on the range.

Top Bottom