• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Witness10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2021
    Dallas
    My cousin is a manager with First Watch restaurants in Fort Worth. They have decided to ban all firearms nation wide due to the Texas conceal carry law. Attached is a pic of the sign that will be displayed. According to the email, they decided that since Texas did this, they were gonna ban guns in Texas, but now it's a good time to just change their policy nation wide. My cousin will be putting in his 2 week notice. I won't be eating there any more.

received_550843896057640~2.jpeg
    Target Sports

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Heh. If they put only that sign up, they aren’t prohibiting LTC at all, despite what they may think it will do.

Even before they rebranded to First Watch, their food wasn’t all that great to begin with. With the re-branding and new menu, we tried it once and though they went downhill and haven’t looked back in the last five years.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My cousin is a manager with First Watch restaurants in Fort Worth. They have decided to ban all firearms nation wide due to the Texas conceal carry law. Attached is a pic of the sign that will be displayed. According to the email, they decided that since Texas did this, they were gonna ban guns in Texas, but now it's a good time to just change their policy nation wide. My cousin will be putting in his 2 week notice. I won't be eating there any more.

View attachment 273843

Welcome to the Forum!

Witness10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2021
    Dallas
    Heh. If they put only that sign up, they aren’t prohibiting LTC at all, despite what they may think it will do.

Even before they rebranded to First Watch, their food wasn’t all that great to begin with. With the re-branding and new menu, we tried it once and though they went downhill and haven’t looked back in the last five years.

I don't think they rebranded. They've always been First Watch. What they did was buy the Egg & I and convert them all into first watch. They were started by a conservative military member back in the 1980's and they were always a place where gun owners can carry concealed. Apparently he's retired now and they new people in charge are anti gun.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I don't think they rebranded. They've always been First Watch. What they did was buy the Egg & I and convert them all into first watch. They were started by a conservative military member back in the 1980's and they were always a place where gun owners can carry concealed. Apparently he's retired now and they new people in charge are anti gun.

That’s right, although I’ve never found verifiable data that either Sullivan or Pendery were actually in the military though the menu story alludes to it.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    Never heard of them. Guess there isn't one in any of the areas I frequent, but I'll make a mental note not to give them my business in the future. I'd eat McChokeandpuke before eating at a place that doesn't want me.
    There's one in Tomball. Last time I ate there, it was OK (not great, usually got something in the order wrong...). There are better places a block away.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    There's one in Tomball. Last time I ate there, it was OK (not great, usually got something in the order wrong...). There are better places a block away.

Huh, says its right on 2920 near 249. Never seen it. Weird. Ohwell, still don't need to darken their door!

Witness10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2021
    Dallas
    That only prohibits unlicensed carry. We are a country of stupid.

How so? It clearly states no firearms allowed. Is there something in the new law that says a licensed individual can carry unless a sign specifically bans licensed concealed carry? Keep in mind, this is for AFTER the September 1st switch. Their goal is to ban firearms period. "A person may not enter this property with a firearm." It doesn't get much clearer than that.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    How so? It clearly states no firearms allowed. Is there something in the new law that says a licensed individual can carry unless a sign specifically bans licensed concealed carry? Keep in mind, this is for AFTER the September 1st switch. Their goal is to ban firearms period. "A person may not enter this property with a firearm." It doesn't get much clearer than that.

Only if you don't have an LTC.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Licensed carry prohibition signs must be 30.06/07 compliant. Not referring to 51% TABC and prohibited places. Sign shown by op refers to permitless carry only.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    We ate there a couple of times. Libby place and organic if I recall, but I could be wrong on that. Expensive but food was actually very good. I wouldn’t let the liberal bias of the place keep me away simply because I didn’t feel they pushed an agenda. Plus like I said the food was really good. Given these new revelations though I won’t be going back. It just advertises to the bad guys that it’s an easy take because nobody is armed

Top Bottom