• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 29, 2020
    Great Southern Forest of Indiana
    I was out shooting my long barrel Uberti 1873 today and wondered how pending legislation will handle guns with more than 10 cartridge capacity, but fixed magazines. This rifle holds 17 44-40s.

Stumpnav

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    The shotgun plug is a federal law for migratory birds. It doesn't permanently reduce the capacity.
    I have no doubt if the anti-2A folks get their way, we will follow the path of Great Britain, Canada, Australia, etc. It will start with scary assault rifles, then semi-auto pistols, then any semi-auto gun, then all pistols, but we'll get to keep our hunting guns until they decide bolt action rifles with scopes are sniper weapons and no one needs those, then we'll be left with double barrel shotguns before they get rid of everything. We have to fight them at every turn. We cannot say 'well, I don't like evil black rifles so I won't fight for those'...we must stand for everything we have and we would be better off if we went on the offensive and started pushing for more rights to be given back to us. Like getting rid of the stupid SBR under the NFA...a rifle is a rifle for goodness sake.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Obtaining guns one way or another may become difficult, but like any other banned substance, you can't magically make them disappear. Ammunition will be the real commodity - it already is - and will be as restrictions grow. They could get rid of all *gun* laws, but heavily restrict or ban ammo sales then *poof* we have a bunch of paperweights unless you've got flint locks. Anyone with a moderate amount of mechanical skill can make a gun out of materials you can buy at Home Depot. You *can't* make your own ammo as easily. I'd expect heavy regulations proposed or imposed on anything beyond .22 caliber rimfires, bolt actions / pump actions - a proposed handgun ban etc. A packed SCOTUS will do the dems bidding. Roberts will kill any legal fight against the restrictions anyway before more judges are seated. Even Britain will have good gun laws compared to what the dems ultimate goal is.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Sounds silly at first, then again since logic and reason are both foreign concepts to Congress, my 1929 Savage pump .22 (18 round tube mag) may be illegal soon.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    Sounds silly at first, then again since logic and reason are both foreign concepts to Congress, my 1929 Savage pump .22 (18 round tube mag) may be illegal soon.

I doubt it. Most AW laws specify autoloaders and exempt rimfires.

p230

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    I figure that the antis believe they have two years. Our change of retaking one or both houses are good so they will swing for the fences this year and then offer "compromise" bills next year in hopes of getting some republicans on board...probably for money in their home districts.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    In the past, tube magazines have usually been exempted when magazine limits were enacted....key words: usually and in the past

Also a keyword would be "detachable" magazines. Anything over ten rounds have been the target of the Clinton ban, and various blue states like CA.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    In NYC, no long gun may have a magazine capacity of more than five rounds. A friend who still lives there had to have the mag tube on his Henry lever-action .22LR cut down!
    Also, you may not possess more than 200 rounds total in your home, regardless of how many guns you possess.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    Yeah, it's a real shit show there. That particular turd was touted as a safety measure to protect firefighters from rounds cooking off (which, while it might surprise you, won't kill you), but its true intent is to prevent ammunition caches in the event the city decides to exercise its 'monopoly of violence'.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    In NYC, no long gun may have a magazine capacity of more than five rounds. A friend who still lives there had to have the mag tube on his Henry lever-action .22LR cut down!
    Also, you may not possess more than 200 rounds total in your home, regardless of how many guns you possess.
    200?

well shit, I can’t imagine some crap like that being enforced in Texas.
    I have literally thousands.

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    I keep more than that in the mailbox. :)

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I was out shooting my long barrel Uberti 1873 today and wondered how pending legislation will handle guns with more than 10 cartridge capacity, but fixed magazines. This rifle holds 17 44-40s.

What pending legislation? Can you provide a bill number?

Top Bottom