• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    How many AR magazines do you think are out there?

PMags, Lancers, other polymer mags, used GI mags, other new mfg metal mags? There could be a half a billion floating around murica.

I would turn mine in, if I had not sold them all. But I bet there are some here that would never turn them in.
    Tell me it ain't so.
    You mean all of us law abiding folks? Of course we would.

If we had any......

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    Congresswoman Sheila Jackson has filed 5 gun control bills. I don't see any mention of banning large capacity magazines, but I'm sure that's coming.

That bitch is proof that people who are too stupid to breathe shouldn't. A 7 day waiting period on a suppressor? You're doing well if the ATF gets its ass in gear on the transfer in 7 months.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    That bitch is proof that people who are too stupid to breathe shouldn't. A 7 day waiting period on a suppressor? You're doing well if the ATF gets its ass in gear on the transfer in 7 months.
    You're right. She doesn't know a damn thing about firearms. She just knows that she wants to tax, ban, register, and control them.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The shotgun plug is a federal law for migratory birds. It doesn't permanently reduce the capacity.
    I have no doubt if the anti-2A folks get their way, we will follow the path of Great Britain, Canada, Australia, etc. It will start with scary assault rifles, then semi-auto pistols, then any semi-auto gun, then all pistols, but we'll get to keep our hunting guns until they decide bolt action rifles with scopes are sniper weapons and no one needs those, then we'll be left with double barrel shotguns before they get rid of everything. We have to fight them at every turn. We cannot say 'well, I don't like evil black rifles so I won't fight for those'...we must stand for everything we have and we would be better off if we went on the offensive and started pushing for more rights to be given back to us. Like getting rid of the stupid SBR under the NFA...a rifle is a rifle for goodness sake.

THIS: "We have to fight them at every turn."

and

Any attack on anyone's 2A RIGHTS must be seen as an attack on us all, and elicit a massive unified response of refusal across the entire Nation !

leVieux

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Joe "Plugs" Biden, Get a shotgun.

Maybe I had to reach a little too far on that one, but it was clear in my mind :D.
    They should have left the National Guard at home and handed out the double barrel shot guns to Beto, Biden, and AOC. If they needed back up there are plenty of social workers in DC.

Last edited:

LoneStarTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Obtaining guns one way or another may become difficult, but like any other banned substance, you can't magically make them disappear. Ammunition will be the real commodity - it already is - and will be as restrictions grow. They could get rid of all *gun* laws, but heavily restrict or ban ammo sales then *poof* we have a bunch of paperweights unless you've got flint locks. Anyone with a moderate amount of mechanical skill can make a gun out of materials you can buy at Home Depot. You *can't* make your own ammo as easily. I'd expect heavy regulations proposed or imposed on anything beyond .22 caliber rimfires, bolt actions / pump actions - a proposed handgun ban etc. A packed SCOTUS will do the dems bidding. Roberts will kill any legal fight against the restrictions anyway before more judges are seated. Even Britain will have good gun laws compared to what the dems ultimate goal is.
    " You *can't* make your own ammo as easily. "
    Yeah I had really hard time "making" 1000 rounds last week.
    God bless Texas.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    " You *can't* make your own ammo as easily. "
    Yeah I had really hard time "making" 1000 rounds last week.
    God bless Texas.

Did you make your brass from scratch, along with the primers? That's my point. Hand loading is not making new ammo from scratch. When the feds ban or severely restrict the components that go into ammo - primarily powder and primers - what then?

Reactions: gll

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The .gov appealed to the Supreme Court which granted a default judgment when the then-dead moonshiner predictably failed to appear, and here we are.
    US v Miller. What struck me as weird was that even his lawyer didn't show up. What lawyer, today, would pass on an opportunity to appear before the Supreme Court? Things back then were different.

I always recommend to folks who really want to understand the underlying issues that they should carefully read that ruling. It's short, easy to read, and fascinating. It actually provides the grounds for overturning various (read: most) provisions of the NFA.

LoneStarTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did you make your brass from scratch, along with the primers? That's my point. Hand loading is not making new ammo from scratch. When the feds ban or severely restrict the components that go into ammo - primarily powder and primers - what then?
    Not much chance feds would be successful with compliance with such unconstitutional laws preventing citizen access to arms and ammo/components. Most Americans are staunchly independent and responsible for safety and livelihood. Enforcement of such laws would not be possible as police&military are alligent to Constitution and not to D.C. elites/celebrities. Manufacturers of guns&ammo are dedicated to meet citizen demand. Most are operating 24/7 & expanding facilities. Once stores are fully stocked it is prudent for us to keep buying to keep them running at capacity. I, like most old timers were not complacent during slack times and bought supplies to weather this drought. I do not hoard ammo; I regularly range shoot to maintain proficiency. Most complainers of current shortages are new gun owners scared by civil unrest & mad politicians.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Probably. And black powder arms - the formula for black powder is easy enough most people could make it at home, unless salt peter gets banned
    You can actually "make" saltpeter from urine, but where do you get sulfur once it is banned or controlled? Yellowstone, I suppose... Mt. St. Helens...

Fortunately, those exigencies are still some ways off.

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    US v Miller. What struck me as weird was that even his lawyer didn't show up. What lawyer, today, would pass on an opportunity to appear before the Supreme Court? Things back then were different.

I always recommend to folks who really want to understand the underlying issues that they should carefully read that ruling. It's short, easy to read, and fascinating. It actually provides the grounds for overturning various (read: most) provisions of the NFA.
    We have a SC which is supposedly on board philosophically. My concern is that the court as presently constituted has shown a distinct lack of the fortitude necessary to make things right.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Congresswoman Sheila Jackson has filed 5 gun control bills. I don't see any mention of banning large capacity magazines, but I'm sure that's coming.

H.R. 127
    Sec 3.(2).(A) Prohibition of large capacity magazines.
    Sec 3.(2).(A).(b) Definition of prohibited magazines (greater than 10 rounds).

(11:08)

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    H.R. 127
    Sec 3.(2).(A) Prohibition of large capacity magazines.
    Sec 3.(2).(A).(b) Definition of prohibited magazines (greater than 10 rounds).

(11:08)

Yeah, she has since filed HR 127. It bans, taxes, and regulates everything. Plus insurance and psychological testing requirements.

Last edited:

seaninftw

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    Here's the problem...The left is REALLY good at playing the long game on things, especially gun control. They start, with the help of the media, inserting language into the the mainstream population. Like "high capacity magazines" I'm sorry, my ARs all have 30 rounders, which make them 'standard capacity'. But the media goes along with it. 'ghost guns' are a great example of this too. It's catchy, and just sounds way scarier that '80% lower'. There was a report the day of the inauguration, about "high powered sniper styled" rifles being trafficked to Mexico. Oh, you mean hunting rifles?? The problem is, we as the 2A community have no real voice to correct this BS because we don't have a voice in the media for the most part. It's going to be an uphill battle, and we need to hold our elected officials to their word, and quit letting them say whatever they need to in support of the 2A, and not do anything when they get elected.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You can actually "make" saltpeter from urine, but where do you get sulfur once it is banned or controlled? Yellowstone, I suppose... Mt. St. Helens...

Fortunately, those exigencies are still some ways off.

Sulfur is used for a very wide variety of things. Banning it or even restricting it would have massive negative effects on numerous industries. It's not practical.

Top Bottom