• ...and so much more!
  • Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Mine is a flat rate yrly deal. Re-evaluated annually and rate based on previous 12 mo usage. Stays at that (mine is 164/mo) for the yr. previous yr was 168/mo. Comes up in June for reevaluation. We will see but I bet it stays same or goes down again. I have me and 2 dogs so my usage during day (work) is minimal i set my Tstat to 78 from 7a-5p then it drops to 74 til 10pm when it goes to 70 I like it cool when sleeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    It's a standard risk vs reward situation. Just like investing. You can put money in a savings account at 1% interest and no risk , bonds at 3% and no risk, blue chip stocks and hope for 5% with little risk, or growth stocks and hope for 10% plus l, with significant risk.

Variable rate customers rolled the dice and lost and should pay their bills.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Pedernales Electric Coop has a usage explorer on their website. I can (could) see day to day or even hour to hour what I'm using as unbilled usage. They removed the unbilled usage icon a few days after the blizzard. I can no longer see what I have used since the last billing period. This worries me a bit.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Pedernales Electric Coop has a usage explorer on their website. I can (could) see day to day or even hour to hour what I'm using as unbilled usage. They removed the unbilled usage icon a few days after the blizzard. I can no longer see what I have used since the last billing period. This worries me a bit.
    The reason I posted this thread was to alert people that if they had an automatic pay option they potentially could be wiped out. I would shut off the auto pay option at least until you know where you stand.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    The reason I posted this thread was to alert people that if they had an automatic pay option they potentially could be wiped out. I would shut off the auto pay option at least until you know where you stand.
    Good idea! I will do just that.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are

Call me old fashioned or just old but I have NO AUTO PAY on anything.
    I likes to keep controls of my moneys.

I pay um when I wants to not when they wants to take it.

A system that has served me flawlessly for close to 50 yrs.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    My fixed rate bill for the period ending 02/14/2021 is 2.63x what it normally is. PUC complaint has been filed.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Brazos Electric Coop just filed bankruptcy.

That is significant. I figger BEC is one of many providers in the same fish bowl.

I suspect, in this new world of the gub'ment is here to help, this latest crisis will be the catalyst to do away with power deregulation.

Competition is nice when the weather is 72* .... it has no place in providing an essential service.

Top Bottom