• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    As much as I find a person to be a bag o' douche for wanting to burn a flag, attacking him (and throwing things at a person is an attack) makes his opponents worse than he is. And he was simply reading a statement since he couldn't burn a flag due to a burn ban.

If you attempt to burn one of my flags (ie my property), I'll whoop your ass. Burn your own flag, and I'll consider you a piece of shit and probably tell you so. But I think its ludicrous to support a bunch of pissed of people attacking him for reading a statement supporting burning a flag (or burning a flag for that matter). Freedom of speech. It's a very important part of why I respect our flag - because to me, that flag stands for the principles upon which this country was founded - and freedom of speech is a very important principle included in those.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    As much as I find a person to be a bag o' douche for wanting to burn a flag, attacking him (and throwing things at a person is an attack) makes his opponents worse than he is. And he was simply reading a statement since he couldn't burn a flag due to a burn ban.

If you attempt to burn one of my flags (ie my property), I'll whoop your ass. Burn your own flag, and I'll consider you a piece of shit and probably tell you so. But I think its ludicrous to support a bunch of pissed of people attacking him for reading a statement supporting burning a flag (or burning a flag for that matter). Freedom of speech. It's a very important part of why I respect our flag - because to me, that flag stands for the principles upon which this country was founded - and freedom of speech is a very important principle included in those.

I would agree with a lot of what you said, but, I fought to give them that right. Just don't do it in front of me cuz' there will be a fight. They have freedom of speech, well so do I, I just speak differently.

If people don't like the United States of America---get your ass out. (that's not directed at you)

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I would agree with a lot of what you said, but, I fought to give them that right. Just don't do it in front of me cuz' there will be a fight. They have freedom of speech, well so do I, I just speak differently.

If people don't like the United States of America---get your ass out. (that's not directed at you)

I fought for that freedom, too. I wish people would take the high road. IMO, there is no justification in getting physical with someone outside of self-defense/ defense of other, or removal from your property. Let him burn the flag and piss everyone off. It hurts him a lot more than it hurts us.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    I fought for that freedom, too. I wish people would take the high road. IMO, there is no justification in getting physical with someone outside of self-defense/ defense of other, or removal from your property. Let him burn the flag and piss everyone off. It hurts him a lot more than it hurts us.

Your right, hopefully it WILL HURT him more.

Top Bottom