• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I had one at my office and it was lighted. Cost me a small fortune in electricians after it was hit by lightning and blew a ton of light switches and fortunately did not get the computers or burn the building down. Don't run any electrical cable near it. That's all I know about flag poles.
    Venture Surplus ad

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    So none of you patriots here know anything about flag poles?

Haystack,

ALL that I know about erecting large/tall flagpoles is: DON'T TRY TO DO IT YOURSELF. HIRE a PRO.
    (I remember what a PITA that it was when a ARNG Commander decided to "save some money" by the members of our local TXARNG unit members doing it ourselves. = It was a lot more complicated job than one would first think.)

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Erecting a flag pole isn't that difficult if you take your time and do proper preparation for installing the flag pole.

I have done several over the years, and I'm not an expert or professional flag pole installer by any means.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    We have two 15 footers in front of the shop with two flags each. They are telescopic. I lower them nightly and bring them inside and put them out every morning just to stop any criminal mischief.....

Each comes with a 3 ft section of PVC pipe with a stainless bolt running through it about 3 inches or so from the bottom. I buried and set them in concrete and the flag poles slide into them. The bolt keeps them out of the soil.

They have up to 25 ft poles available. Ours have been up for over 10 years. We did have trouble with one breaking an inside piece that held up one section. The dealer came out and replaced the piece free of charge. They have a lifetime warranty. My son has two of the 20 footers at his home and he is pleased with them. They have swivel harnesses that make it very easy to attach or change the flags..

One drawback is that on a very windy day they are not the easiest to put up and down. If you are going to leave them up..no problem. They have solar lights that fit atop the pole to light it properly at night.

Our local dealer...........

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    OP mentions multiple concerns about price but no indication of where he is located in the State.

Those flag poles cost 13.3 kuhgillion dollars installed. Flag of choice is extra. :p

I am in East Texas just outside of Tyler, so quite a distance from any of the larger cities where buying something like a flag pole is easier. Whatever I get will probably be bought online because I can't afford to pay the bucks for installation of a good commercial pole.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I am wanting a 30' flagpole in my front yard and wanted to ask if anyone has any particular recommendations on brand and style. I have experience with the fiberglass models that are one piece but they are a bit tricky to handle by yourself and also shipping and costs are a bit high. I see a lot of telescopic aluminum models on line but am leery of those so thought I would ask. My goal is a nice white 30' pole with gold ball on top to fly a US and a Texas flag. Also need to ask if its worth the price to add the inside rope instead of the normal one outside. My lot is pretty open and it is always windy here with a lot of those 30 mph - 50 mph days so mounting recommendations would be appreciated too.

No point in reinventing the wheel I always say.

gdr_11,

CHECK OUT a local Tyler flagpole dealer/installer: IN THE WIND at 903-509-3700.
    (The company has been in the business for a LONG time.)

yours, satx

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    gdr_11,

CHECK OUT a local Tyler flagpole dealer/installer: IN THE WIND at 903-509-3700.
    (The company has been in the business for a LONG time.)

yours, satx

Thanks! I will do that. I always thought they were just a garden gift shop.

Top Bottom