Gun Zone Deals

Flash Hiders...Brownells New Catalog - AR-15/M16 and .308 Version is a Winner!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've been a Brownells customer for many years and just received their AR-15/M-16 and .308 variants catalog yesterday. I have never seen a more complete collection of parts, tools and accessories for the "Barbie Doll" of the rifle world!

I competed with the black rifles in NRA competition for many years and thought I had seen everything made for AR-15 but this catalog proved me wrong! I never knew some of this equipment existed! For instance, there are two full pages of nothing but charging handle variations!

I didn't request the catalog....it was sent to me as a regular customer. Check out their website to see if you can hook up with this one. It's a winner!

SELECTION OF FLASH HIDERS
    On another matter, current selection of flash hiders/compensators/brakes or whatever you choose to call them is disturbing. These parts are being designed for rifle owner eye appeal without much regard to practicality. Specifically, the cool looking grooves/slots in these flash hiders may LOOK good to a guy who is building a Tacticool rifle but their function is poor.

As an experienced prone rifle shooter, may I suggest this?................PLEASE reject any flash hider that has a groove at the bottom (6 o'clock) position. Those rascals will throw dirt/gravel/grass in your face every time you fire! Depending upon WHY you're building the rifle, a cloud of dirt or debris from a prone fired round could ultimately prove fatal.

Summed up:
    Don't buy any flash hider with openings or grooves at the bottom unless you're just putting it on the rifle for show. They are bad news when fired from prone.

Flash
    Texas SOT

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    That catalog has a great compensator from some weird folks calling themselves "Dreadnaught Industries." A nice and rather popular product for the sort of competition shooters who don't take naps between shots ;)

And...the F2 does not have bottom ports :)

Alex

Top Bottom