• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I always have at least, a small Maglight, sometimes a big one. But my favorite is the one in the picture.

Surelight E2D Executive Defender. It throws a hell of a beam and with the tail-cap momentary/on-off switch I can use it with a pistol operating the light as needed with a knuckle. And if need be, I can remove chunk's of someones face. :D I hope to never have to do that!!

2287092716_a6731c1492_o.png

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    stingerled.gif

I always have my stinger ready to go.If it is not on my belt holster then it is in my shooting vest pocket.

TxShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Houston Metro Area
    Flashlights

I carry a Stinger LED flashlight, have a full size Streamlight in the car. Additionally I have a cheap LED light that operates on AAA batteries that I occassionally throw in my pants pocket at night.

Can't have too many lights, you never know when you might need one.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I keep a couple flashlights in my truck. I have a Surefire, which I have had for some time. It's a nice light, but it uses those CR123 batteries....kinda pricey if you use it much.

I also keep a BassPro 3 watt LED flashlight in the truck. It works awesome, was only $25, and....best of all......uses 4 AAA batteries. much cheaper to run.

At home, we have many flashlights.....my favorite is a really neat LED one. It has 3 brightness levels......low, medium, and flash. HOWEVER, when it is off.........it glows dimly. It will do that for about 1.5 years with some usage. It can always be found even if the lights are out. It runs on a 9 volt, so I change it's battery when I do my smoke detectors.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Surefire's aren't cheap to buy, or use. $17 each for bulbs? And about $20 for a box of batteries? :eek: Mine came with near dead batteries and a bulb that came apart, but it's still burning bright. It also had a bad tail-cap which they sent out a replacement for, no questions asked. Just took 6 weeks and 3 attempts before it actually got sent out.

Bought a box of batteries and 2 extra bulbs and got one bad bulb. $60 more on top of the cost of the light. And still haven't gotten a RMA for the one bad bulb. Great warranty, but not real quick or easy to get them to move sometimes.

But they are bad ass.

I also have one I keep in the truck sometimes. It's a hand crank light. It's pretty cool. No batteries, just crank it up and it burns. I haven't even noticed it get weak yet, but cranking is quick and easy, and it's small enough to fit in a pocket. It has 3 bulbs so you can use all 3 or just 1 (or 2) which is still plenty bright.

One of those weird little things that "Mom" picks up for Christmas that usually get put away and never seen again, that actually is cool to use! :D

justin81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    DFW, Texas
    I keep a bright LED flashlight in my car at all times. I carry my Surefire G3 with me if I'm going to be out and not in my car.

SO758

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Central TX
    I always keep one in the vehicle and periodically check to make sure the batteries are good / switch them out. Also keep one on the nightstand.
    Pelican / Surefire that is.

texaspartsman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Seguin
    I constantly amaze people with how bright my SureFire is. I carry a maglight for those times when I don't want to burn up those expensive batteries. I have the red lens for my surefire, its nice to be able to creep up on something with the red lens on and then flip the cap up and blind 'em.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Since I blasted Surefure in a way, I have to follow up.

My rant reminded me to get back with Surefire again since it's been 30 days or so. Much to my surprise, within hours I had an email from a CS Manager apologizing for the "oversight that should not have happened" and she personally was making sure a replacement bulb was being sent out.

The one I got that was bad was the longer life 25 lumen and it's pattern was like a hot dog. At 3-4' it is near worthless. Since they are the same price, I said I'd take either one, preferring the 60 lumen. She's sending a replacement 60 lumen.

I think their problem might be more a system thing. I don't think inbound email is processed as efficiently as it should be. If it never get's routed to an agent, it just goes away or sits in a queue. Once a person gets it, they respond quickly, usually, and usually just send you whatever is bad without any hassle of POP or receipt or any warranty registration.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I constantly amaze people with how bright my SureFire is. I carry a maglight for those times when I don't want to burn up those expensive batteries. I have the red lens for my surefire, its nice to be able to creep up on something with the red lens on and then flip the cap up and blind 'em.

Even during the day in daylight, you can throw a beam. It's hard to not use it more considering how expensive they are.

BTW, I was pulling a bunch of speaker cable in my attic. I used it for light because it's easy to hold in my mouth freeing up my hands on dark hard to work places. They DO get very hot if left on for that long. If you have it on for more than a 2-3 minutes, check it before dropping it in a pocket! :D

texaspartsman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Seguin
    Surefire makes a nice little one that has a clip so you can hook it to the visor on a ball cap. Only uses one battery so it doesn't weigh much or get very hot. Handy little dude.

Top Bottom