flashlights

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by htxred, Sep 5, 2008.

1. htxred

htxred Active Member

Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    i just spent a lil over 200 on flashlights. lol. crazy i am.

what flashlights do you guys carry/have?

right now i have streamlight tl2

i should have 4 more on the way, a 250lumen, and 3 pocket lights for my wife and i, and my dad.

2. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I keep a SureFire 6P with 3watt LED bulb and Mini-mag light with 3 watt LED with me.

As a matter of fact, my lights were needed when my wife & I were the first ones to arrive at a 3-vehicle accident one night.

3. htxred

htxred Active Member

Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    yea, the power went out at my building once and the girls in the office were scared to go down the hall, one of em jacked me for my streamlight. lol.

4. I'm into SureFire's! Wife has an E2D in the car. I have an E2E in the truck. E1E in my travel toilet kit. M3 Combat with all the bells & whistles for hunting. The M3 saved our asses one night in the african bushveldt.

5. HMFIC

HMFIC New Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Tx
    SL20x

6. Vellcrow

Vellcrow Active Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Surefire G2 Nitrolon lights all over the house and vehicles.

7. Infamous

Infamous Member

Jul 28, 2008
    North Dallas
    i carry a fenix P3D. i highly recommend it; very compact and reliable.

i have two G2 nitrolon's with cree Q5 LED dropins rated for 225 lumens (or so) a piece. one lives on my social AR15 and the other is strike bezelled and travels with me to unfriendly places when the P3D wont be social enough :)

beater is a maglite converted to LED. if you have a maglite i highly recommend you buy the factory upgrade to LED

8. LittleGun

LittleGun Active Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    Why do gun related flashlights cost so much money? What is it about them that is so expensive, compared to other LED flashlights.

9. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I think part of the reason they cost so much is that people will pay more for a quality product. They are definitely superior to the cheap plastic lights at Walmart. They are more durable. The switches don't fail as often (if ever) and the LED's are of a higher output (some of the cheap ones may say 3 watts, but just put it against a 3 watt Streamlight or SureFire....you will see difference). The more expensive ones also have onboard electronics to regulate the voltage, keeping a constant light output even as the batteries get weaker. Finally, I think the specialty flashlight companies make more profit. They are not selling millions of these things, so they need to make more profit per unit. They are involved with R&D, where the Chinese knock-offs just try to duplicate what they have spent good money researching and developing.

Well, that's my opinion.

10. htxred

htxred Active Member

Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    quality of the product, drop, kick, thrown, abused, etc.