• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    i just spent a lil over 200 on flashlights. lol. crazy i am.

what flashlights do you guys carry/have?

right now i have streamlight tl2

i should have 4 more on the way, a 250lumen, and 3 pocket lights for my wife and i, and my dad.
    Guns International

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I keep a SureFire 6P with 3watt LED bulb and Mini-mag light with 3 watt LED with me.

As a matter of fact, my lights were needed when my wife & I were the first ones to arrive at a 3-vehicle accident one night.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    yea, the power went out at my building once and the girls in the office were scared to go down the hall, one of em jacked me for my streamlight. lol.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'm into SureFire's! Wife has an E2D in the car. I have an E2E in the truck. E1E in my travel toilet kit. M3 Combat with all the bells & whistles for hunting. The M3 saved our asses one night in the african bushveldt.

Infamous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    North Dallas
    i carry a fenix P3D. i highly recommend it; very compact and reliable.

i have two G2 nitrolon's with cree Q5 LED dropins rated for 225 lumens (or so) a piece. one lives on my social AR15 and the other is strike bezelled and travels with me to unfriendly places when the P3D wont be social enough :)

beater is a maglite converted to LED. if you have a maglite i highly recommend you buy the factory upgrade to LED

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I think part of the reason they cost so much is that people will pay more for a quality product. They are definitely superior to the cheap plastic lights at Walmart. They are more durable. The switches don't fail as often (if ever) and the LED's are of a higher output (some of the cheap ones may say 3 watts, but just put it against a 3 watt Streamlight or SureFire....you will see difference). The more expensive ones also have onboard electronics to regulate the voltage, keeping a constant light output even as the batteries get weaker. Finally, I think the specialty flashlight companies make more profit. They are not selling millions of these things, so they need to make more profit per unit. They are involved with R&D, where the Chinese knock-offs just try to duplicate what they have spent good money researching and developing.

Well, that's my opinion.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    i have a cheap-o gas station flash light that i love. $3, has 9 LED's about 3-4" long. has a rubber on/off button on the butt end. it is quite bright for a small cheap light.
    002.gif

005.gif

TdDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Houston
    I have a two cell Surefire that I picked up used not knowing much about them except that they are a good tactical light. It was included with an AR that I bought a couple weeks ago.

Now that my power is back on (Ike Refugee Here) I will say that even though it will light up an entire room just by shining it on the ceiling, the batteries just don't last very long to make it a viable emergency light.

Batteries from Surefire are 1.75 each plus shipping but if you have to run to Wal-Mart or Target, they are $5 each and that little light takes two. Ouch.

Anyway, for lighting up the BG in a dark room it really can't be beat.

:patriot:

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I have the new Olight warrior premium. It is a nice light. It isn't 250 lumens as claimed, but for the money, it is a good light. It cost about 1/3 of what the comparable Surefire costs.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    I have the new Olight warrior premium. It is a nice light. It isn't 250 lumens as claimed, but for the money, it is a good light. It cost about 1/3 of what the comparable Surefire costs.
    yea, i wasnt expecting mine to be 250lumens but i sure do like the strobe feature. it was either the m20 w.p. or blackhawk gladius... seeing as how there is a difference in price of around $70-80....

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    I have about 17 flashlights and 8 of them are Surefires... My favorite that goes with me practically everywhere is a E1D that I threw together with a custom made LED drop-in. I also keep my Surefire A2 and a Lummi Orb Raw with me almost all the time also. Too say I am a little obsessed is an understatement.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Too say I am a little obsessed is an understatement.

My wife says that about me..........too many flashlights. I have my favorites. Interestingly enough, one of my favorites was fairly cheap. It is LED and takes a 9v battery that lasts over a year. The cool thing about it is that it always emits a very small amount of light [even when off]. That lets you find it no matter how dark it is, like when the power goes out. It has a hi/low/strobe/off button. When my eyes are adjusted to the dark, I don't even have to turn it on.....it is bright enough to use. That is what I call utilitarian.......and we can always find it in the dark because we keep it facing up. You just look for the beam on the ceiling.

Top Bottom