• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Appears to be in quite decent condition.

If I was in a better financial position, I’d do nothing but HVAC and roof, and turn it into a rental. I’d have about a 13 % cash-on-cash return if I did that.

Really hoping I can steam-clean the floor grout so it looks like new.

Good looking house. Also whoever smelt it dealt it. Stop blaming your workers.

You’re killing me smalls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    You need any ceiling fans? I have two. One was installed and it was flush mounted, I have 12' ceilings and, even on high, could barely feel the air, so I changed it out and all of the parts are in 3 boxes. The other one is set up to be either flush or extended with a pole, which I will include. Wife didn't like the color, white, so I bought a bronze one. This one is NIB and box has never been opened. Both fans are 42".

If you want them, you can have them at NO charge.

I'm real bad about not returning stuff I can't use. I just add another shelf and put it there.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    You need any ceiling fans? I have two. One was installed and it was flush mounted, I have 12' ceilings and, even on high, could barely feel the air, so I changed it out and all of the parts are in 3 boxes. The other one is set up to be either flush or extended with a pole, which I will include. Wife didn't like the color, white, so I bought a bronze one. This one is NIB and box has never been opened. Both fans are 42".

If you want them, you can have them at NO charge.

I'm real bad about not returning stuff I can't use. I just add another shelf and put it there.

Holy crap you’re awesome!
    I’ll take ‘em...where u at?

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    It does look like a great rental property, but it's less attractive at 240 than 180 as one.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Whew.....that is tight for a flip. But newer build so should be easy rehab and sell quickly and easily so as not to tie up assets.

Finally looking at one myself tomorrow that has potential......$145k PP, $225k ARV, rehab $38-43K depending on if I have to replace the condenser, which is a 50/50 shot.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Whew.....that is tight for a flip. But newer build so should be easy rehab and sell quickly and easily so as not to tie up assets.

Finally looking at one myself tomorrow that has potential......$145k PP, $225k ARV, rehab $38-43K depending on if I have to replace the condenser, which is a 50/50 shot.

Yeah it’s tight for sure. I need to get better at evaluating roofs FML

It’ll be a good lesson on managing costs and getting it on the market quickly.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Ok flippers, closed on our new house yesterday and we're making the big move Saturday. Yesterday afternoon we started cleaning, and we need to do something about the grout in the floor tile. It's pretty gnarly. Structurally ok, just dirty.

Do y'all hire pros to come in, and if so what kinda costs to expect? Do y'all do it yourselves? I'm going on steam cleaning being the most effective and efficient way to take care of this, any other ideas? Got about 1600ft to do.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Ok flippers, closed on our new house yesterday and we're making the big move Saturday. Yesterday afternoon we started cleaning, and we need to do something about the grout in the floor tile. It's pretty gnarly. Structurally ok, just dirty.

Do y'all hire pros to come in, and if so what kinda costs to expect? Do y'all do it yourselves? I'm going on steam cleaning being the most effective and efficient way to take care of this, any other ideas? Got about 1600ft to do.

We brought in a tile & grout cleaning company last year, I found the price to be reasonable for the service provided, which included any repairs needed to the grout, color matching, and cleaning/resealing the grout and tile.

They used hot water and organic chemical to clean with, no steam. Pretty manual process.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    We brought in a tile & grout cleaning company last year, I found the price to be reasonable for the service provided, which included any repairs needed to the grout, color matching, and cleaning/resealing the grout and tile.

They used hot water and organic chemical to clean with, no steam. Pretty manual process.
    What was the rough cost and size of the work area? Just curious if it's much different than the steam cleaners.

I was going to have a service clean the grout lines, but at $1200...I’ll buy the machine for $200 and do it my self in an afternoon.
    Yep, contacted one this morning and they quoted $0.75/ft. Probably just rent the machine and do what I can, because we're planning on doing a full rip and replace on the floors at some point. Just don't want to look at dirty ass grout in the mean time. Yeah, guess we're weird like that. If I can get it good enough, that'll let us delay the floors until after some other work we want to do.

I have heard that a mixture of baking soda and water, with a stiff bristle brush and some elbow grease does a good job of cleaning grout.
    I've seen youtube videos of people using all sorts of concoctions and methods like that which ultimately looked amazing. But with I'm estimating 1600 sq. ft. (or more) of tile that needs to be cleaned, it would take a silly amount of time by hand. Gotta find something to get it done faster. Laundry room, mud room, dining room, entry, study, family room, kitchen, breakfast area, sun room, and master bath all need help.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    What was the rough cost and size of the work area? Just curious if it's much different than the steam cleaners.

I don’t think we paid more than $2/sq ft, but that included completely regrouting and recaulking about 15% of the area.

Company called Grout Works.

ETA: they’ve got a location in Houston and do free estimates and mil discount.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I don’t think we paid more than $2/sq ft, but that included completely regrouting and recaulking about 15% of the area.

Company called Grout Works.

ETA: they’ve got a location in Houston and do free estimates and mil discount.

Need to take care of this myself. Thanks for the link, I'll check them out.

Did you get the color sealing done and how has it held up?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom