• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    Trial of the Florida Man (Michael Drejka) begins tomorrow. You may recall him as the ‘handicap parking space’ guard at the neighborhood convenience store. Got shoved to the ground, feared for his life, got his pistol out and shot the aggressor dead.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/pinel...learwater-parking-lot-shooter-michael-drejka/

From what I know and from the video, no other details and certainly no sound, I’m leaning toward SYG and he gets off. Close, and again from the video and media reports.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    Yeah, I never believed it was a good shoot or a good example of SYG.

SYG was intended for the victims of aggression to be able to defend themselves. If you initiate a confrontation, then you are the aggressor. If you get your butt kicked, you have no right to claim SYG. SYG is what the victim was doing when he pushed that POS to the ground.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    So loser A is cool with using handicapped spaces. Loser B goes cringe. Loser A has no self control and walks out of the store like his shit don’t stink and pushes loser B. Loser B pulls gun. Loser A is like a deer in the headlights. Loser B shoots anyway.

Yup...people are amazing.

Keeping your cool can pay off. People are fucking crazy.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So loser A is cool with using handicapped spaces. Loser B goes cringe. Loser A has no self control and walks out of the store like his shit don’t stink and pushes loser B. Loser B pulls gun. Loser A is like a deer in the headlights. Loser B shoots anyway.

Yup...people are amazing.

Keeping your cool can pay off. People are fucking crazy.
    Very much so

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    What I’d be interested in knowing is: how / who is paying for his defense. The article says one of his lawyers (or consultants) is the guy who defended Zimmerman. And the shooter guy’s work history included him being a tree trimmer (& general cleanup after hurricanes) and was an Uber driver until his vehicle gave out, on him.

So I’m wondering, did he have one of those “insurance policies” for CCW holders? And if so, who? Otherwise, it doesn’t look like he’s got two nickels he could rub together from what I can read about him.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    I dunno about prison. He was pushed to the ground and he doesn't look that young to me. He has words with the driver and c'mon good or bad that was all it was. The passenger comes out of the store and does the initial assault.
    Don't think I would like you'll to sit on the jury. Hopefully voir dire is done to root out some of those folks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    The shooter initiated the confrontation.
    Well that is your opinion but let's go with that. A verbal confrontation does not warrant an assault and definitely not from someone not initially involved in the confrontation. Do you disagree with that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom