• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred Defender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Alachua, FL
    Hello, everyone!

Relative gun newbie - past five years or so - from rural North Florida.The red part of the state. I have been active on the 1911 forum as well as those for Colt & SIG. My prized firearms are my Nighthawk Bob Marvel Custom, nickel S&W Model 29 (LNIB), and c.1968 Colt Python (shooter).

I happened upon this forum doing a search for home security camera systems thinking that this would be right up their alley for gun people. Especially gun people from Texas! I've already gotten some good info in that regard. So, thanks.

Happy to be here. I haven't had a chance to poke around much. But if there is a political sub-forum, chances are I'll find my way to it.

Cheers!

Jim in FL
    Capitol Armory ad

Fred Defender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Alachua, FL
    Thanks for the warm welcome.

Regarding Rick Scott, AustinN4: I voted for the man twice. All-in-all, he has done a pretty good job, IMO. I'm not a big fan of this bill. (Here I go on politics - already). I do not have children in school. But, for the life of me, I do not understand how a parent could NOT want to have school personnel armed - assuming that they're qualified, of course. I'd be more in favor of a general bill outlawing GFZ's. Raising the purchase age to 21 is complete BS. The guy in Vegas was 60 years-old. And the little twerp in Broward didn't use a bump stock.

What kills me is the fact, prior to the Vegas slaughter, no one except real gun junkies, had ever heard of a bump stock.

What would stop mass slaughters like this faster than anything? STOP showing the perps' name and photo. Worthless little POS's like this would think twice knowing that the media are not going to make celebrities out of them.

In closing (for now)...do you know what really bugs me? (Well, LOTS of things bug me). The use of the term "shooter" to describe a murderer. I go to the range; I am a shooter. I am not a murderer. And the perps in these cases are not mere "shooters".

Fred Defender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Alachua, FL
    Again, many thanks for the welcome. I will do my best not to wear it out.

I neglected to mention that I have been to Texas only three times in my entire life (four if you include a connection at Bush Airport in Houston). That being said, I have many dear friends from the state. More now.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I grew up in Jax, but moved to Texas when I was nearing the end of my military career. Nothing against that town (or Florida in general), but it's not the same place as it was when I left in 1981. I did go to UF from 1986-89, and was back for a visit several years ago. It's more like it was several decades ago, but has changed.

As for Rick Scott, it's his last term so I am sure the Republican party didn't want him to lose any votes for his potential replacement. He said he was against it, but didn't veto it. That speaks volumes...

Anyhow, welcome to TGT!

Cheers! M2

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Welcome to the forum. In the future, please try to curtail all this political talk, and just show us pictures of your guns.

Fred Defender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Alachua, FL
    Great observations about Scott, majormadmax. And thanks, easy rider. I do not have deep pockets. I just have a wife who occasionally will give in and let me get something "you've always wanted". We typically do that for Christmas. Instead of buying each other something useless, we'll each just go out and get something that we've had our eyes on.

I mentioned my Python. Interesting story on that one: I am also a numismatist. I had had a $20 gold piece for a number of years. I paid around $900 for it in 2004 but it was just sitting in my safe. I found someone with a Python who was willing to trade even-up. This was several years ago. I think $20 gold pieces were going for around $1400 at the time. But selling it on eBay would have cost me 10% right off the top. So I think I did OK on the trade. And no paper trail. ;-)

Fred Defender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Alachua, FL
    I know it’s hard to tell in type, but I was just busting your chops. But seriously, we do love to see gun photos.

LOL, Stetson. I assumed that you were a moderator. I thought, "Dang. The last thing I want to do, as a newbie, is p*** people off." Not on a gun forum, anyway. And there is a political sub-forum where I can rant and rave.

How' bout my S&W Model 29? I've owned it for three years and I have never fired it. I need to. It might be close to mint. But it is not unfired.

Attachments

• SW Mod 29.jpg
      SW Mod 29.jpg
      106.3 KB · Views: 260

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    LOL, Stetson. I assumed that you were a moderator. I thought, "Dang. The last thing I want to do, as a newbie, is p*** people off." Not on a gun forum, anyway. And there is a political sub-forum where I can rant and rave.

How' bout my S&W Model 29? I've owned it for three years and I have never fired it. I need to. It might be close to mint. But it is not unfired.

She’s a beauty, but I think you need to take her out and show her a good time. She looks bored and lonely.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom