• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    I've got an offer to buy an FAL in .308 and I sort of want it. The guy that has it is asking $1050 and I'm thinking that's kinda on the high side but what do yall think?

Also, I've been told to stay away from Imbel because theres some issue with metric parts. Anyone know anything about that?

762_Nato_IMBEL_FNFAL.jpg

Firearms and Weapons of Brazil's BOPE Spec Op's
    Target Sports

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    nothing wrong with Imbel. I built a rifle with an Imbel kit a few months back. Metric rifle parts are a bit easier to come by than L1A1 parts. There were many more metric rifles built than inch rifles.

The price wouldn't be high if it's been refinished and on a quality reciever with a reasonable round count. If it's an original finish with a Century (the Century Imbel imports are OK) reciever, then it's high.

Is it a para or a standard? and what reciever is it built with?

Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    Is it a para or a standard? and what reciever is it built with?

It's a fixed nylon stock Cody. I am not familiar at all with the FAL so man I have no idea about the receiver. I've only got to look at it briefly at his house and don't remember what all the stamps were. If I can get him to e-mail me pictures of it Ill post them later on tonight.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Nothing wrong with metric, and Imbel is good.
    I am awaiting more info as well.
    Just so you know, J&G has CAI FAL's in stock again for $699 I think.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Imbel is good quality parts. Just beware, there were lots of Imbel parts imported and assembled by the monkeys at Century Arms. If you get one of those, just look them over thoroughly. Imbel parts are good quality, but the assembly could always be suspect. The Imbel metric FAL I used to have was a CAI import, and while the gun was almost completely fine, they did a crappy job silver soldering that long flash hider on, so after the first few rounds it shot down range about 50 yards! ;) lol Anyways, as far as FAL's go, metric is the way to go. Mags are cheaper and parts are a little easier to find.

Top Bottom