• ...and so much more!
  • codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    So I got a wild hair and ordered an FAL parts kit. Not too much experience with these, I can't even remember if I've handled one, let alone shot one. A fellow I worked with in Pakistan had a pretty well worn one that he was very fond of.

Anyone have any experience building one of these? I'm going to take a look at the kit before I get any wild build ideas, but I'm thinking of doing something unique with this one.

After doing a bit of reading (after I bought it the damn thing...) I start getting into inch vs metric, receiver quality, etc. A lot of research to do in the next few days! This should prove to be an interesting challenge...
    Texas SOT

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I F'n love FAL's. I have never built one before, but have owned a few. I have a parts kit that has been waiting to be put together for a few years now. I am still trying to find an Imbel receiver for less than I could buy another rifle for.
    DSA makes the best receivers you can get these days, they have you covered for metric and Inch.
    If you have not dropped by the FALFILES yet, there is a wealth of info there.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    The headspace adjustment is difficult to do, and the failure to do it correctly is very dangerous. Fortunately there are many armorers manuals with information to properly assemble one. After being assembled correctly, it will be your favorite rifle. It is just too much fun to shoot, and it always gets extra looks at the range... Enjoy!

If you need quality parts look at DSA. The DSA picitinny rail receiver cover is very useful and high quality.

Top Bottom