• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    One of our regulars picked up our PS90 and let me run a few rounds through it. I must say, this would be one hell of a fun toy in full-auto. There is no movement in the sights when it fires, and virtually no recoil. It's almost like playing a video game.

As far as the gun itself, I almost feel as if it's too light. Just about any movement in your body bumps it around, especially with your hands being so far forward on the gun. The fit is ergonomic, as one would expect from FN, but the trigger is a tad hard. I would much prefer a solid pound or two reduction in the pull weight and a shorter overtravel.
    DK Firearms

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    One of my best friends had one. It was a neat gun but he chronographed the rounds and found them to be nothing more than a .22 Hornet. This was back when FN wouldn't release any ballistics data to anyone. They are fun though. It would be great if you needed armor piercing capability, but for a civilian arm it's really a novelty IMO.

Ruggles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    I have the PS90, the Five seveN handgun and just picked up a complete AR 15 in 5.7x28mm. I really enjoy the round and the overall benefits it offers. I think the PS90 is a great home defense gun and offers a great balance between a handgun and a rifle. I have carried the Five seveN the last 2 days as my CCW. I have not shot the 5.7 AR yet but I have high hopes for it.

As for the performance of the ammo the first rounds that hit the market were the SS196 rounds which were weaker than I would prefer. The SS195 and the SS197 that are out now do indeed pack enough punch for me to use for defense.

I am not saying it is the be all end all platform or round but I do think it is a heck of a good one. Guns and calibers are always a trade off from others in some way.

QBToo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    Dallas, TX (North Carrollton)
    Gotta love those FNs......

Black and ODG PS90 TriRail (one of them is missing the optic because it's getting an Aimpoint/EOTECH). Also pictured is a SIG 556 Commando that I no longer own:
    SIG556PS90.gif

Without optics/lights:
    TwoPS90sSmall-1.gif

I absolutely love the PS90 rifles. The 50 round mags are fantastic and the gun is very easy field strip; nice compact "bullpup" design. Slung them with Urban E.R.T. 2 point slings, slapped some C-Mores on them and added a X200 light. Load them with 100 rounds each (2 mags with mag clamp) and they're ready to go. Actually one of them is missing the optic because I'm going to put an Aimpoint/EOTECH on it.

I also have a couple of FNH FS2000s that I'm picking up tomorrow to add to my rifle collection and will update my photo with a "FNH" family photo in the next few days.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I also have a couple of FNH FS2000s that I'm picking up tomorrow to add to my rifle collection and will update my photo with a "FNH" family photo in the next few days.

We got one of those (FS2000) in a while back and it lasted all of a day on the shelf. Kinda surprised me being that it's such a unique design. It looks blocky, but it works surprisingly well when shouldered.

Ruggles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    QBII

I have a C-More I am picking up in the morning for my PS90, it is taking the place of the ACOG I have on their now. How does it work for you?

QBToo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    The FS2000s do appear blocky but I plan on changing out the handguard which will make it more appealing to me. I'm a bullpup fan and these work well for me since I shoot left handed. I love the AUG design and am waiting for TPD AXR left handed model but that's going to be several months (if ever). Even with a left handed model, I'm not a fan of where the ejection port is.

The C-More works great for me. Just needed a few more optics and was going to give Aimpoint H-1 or EOTECH 512 a try. I've had the EOTECH before and sold them with my Colt ARs but never tried an Aimpoint. I don't need an optic with NV capability.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    One of our regulars picked up our PS90 and let me run a few rounds through it. I must say, this would be one hell of a fun toy in full-auto.

Try the P90. Fells crazy having your hand that close to the muzzle as rounds blow off in full auto.

FN was nice enough to take out all the employees of the store I worked in for a full day of fun. That one day of PS90s, P90s, 5.7s, FS2000s, SAWs, FN bolt rifles, and unlimited ammo made getting paid $10/hr for two years worth it.

QBToo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    Here's the new FN "family".........ordered a couple of Aimpoint H-1 optics that should be here in a few days. After handling the FS2000s I've decided that I won't change out the handguards (they actually look much better in person and the gun handles very well).

Hope to be able to go to the range this weekend.

Note: the "green" in the slings and ODG rifles match pretty well but the flash from my camera doesn't reflect the colors properly.

TwoPS90TwoFS2000.gif

Top Bottom