Capitol Armory ad

FNRA "Wall of Guns" at Premier Gun Show at GRB this weekend.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Just wanted to let everyone know that our chapter of the Friends of the NRA will be sponsoring a "Wall of Guns" at the George R. Brown gun show this weekend (Jun 2-3) as a fundraiser.

For you that have not seen or participated in one of these, it's a simple raffle with a few twists.

First, there will be a board of guns that show the options the winner of the raffle has to choose from, so you pick the gun you want.

Second, your chances of winning are 1 in 50. Once 50 tickets are sold, the raffle is held with one drawn and that person wins their chosen gun. The less lucky 49 tickets are removed and we start it over again, with an empty bucket. So unlike most gun show raffles, there will be multiple drawings each day, and hopefully close together.

The tickets are only $20 each, and you do not need to be there to win.

There will be a professional sales lady selling the tickets, and will be easy to spot and get signed up with her.:p

We will be able to accept, cash, check and credit cards for ticket purchase.

Don't have an exact list of what will be available, waiting on the NRA for that, but I should have it posted in this thread by Friday evening.

The guns that are won will be available for pick up from our FFL in Humble when they shipped in (maybe a week or so).

Plus, those of you that want to get your banquet tickets early ask, we should have plenty on hand.

I will be working Saturday from about 1:00 to close and look forward to meeting some of you guys. So stop by and say hello.

Hope to have some happy forum members with some unexpected new guns this weekend.

See Ya There,

Mike
    ARJ Defense ad

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Sounds like a great raffle system where you actually feel like you have a chance at winning and get to choose your own prize. I'm looking forward to seeing your gun list and perhaps I'll come over there after I'm done in Pasadena. I had no clue there was another gun show at GRB this weekend.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Um....just for clarification - the guns won't be available on Monday. They have to be ordered and shipped in - usually takes 7-10 days or so. Not long - but not quite THAT fast!

And FYI - I'll be at the Home Safety Show at Reliant Arena with another Houston area FNRA committee helping them with their Wall of Guns there.

Ya'll will have a blast w/the Premier Gun Show folks - they'll do almost anything for the FNRA! Heck - they even bought tickets almost every round we ran at the SA show!

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Thanks TexasRedneck,

The conversations I had had indicated the following Monday, but I think you are correct. I have changed the original post.

There looks like there will be a Wall of Guns at the Pasadena show High Caliber Show also. Three places in Houston to participate this weekend.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No problem - the ONLY reason I'm familiar w/it all is that I'm the guy that set 'em up w/Premier....<G> That means I got a REAL intimate education in how it works - and it IS pretty neat, IMO. But don't feel bad - I initially thought that they sent the guns w/the game! Once you understand how it all works, it makes sense. Liz will be over there with ya'll - she's really good about explaining just how it all works - even in small enough words that *I* can understand!

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    LOL, just waiting on the "available" list. Might not have it by this evening when some graduations get in the way. Will you be at the Home Safety Show? What is that? Open to the public?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Oh, now I see you be hanging with Cody Donaldson (of Top Shot) and Mykel Hawke (of Man, Woman, Wild) and all the other cool kids over there instead of slumming it with us across town. I got you figured out now.................

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Oh, now I see you be hanging with Cody Donaldson (of Top Shot) and Mykel Hawke (of Man, Woman, Wild) and all the other cool kids over there instead of slumming it with us across town. I got you figured out now.................

Man, I remember back when I was a kid Colby was on Survivor and being from Texas I was a big fan...a big enough fan to name my chocolate lab after him. Can't stand Survivor after those first few seasons but I do enjoy Top Shot now. Have fun over there at the cool kids table TR.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    TD....remember this is a fundraiser for the FNRA...last year, the South Texas Group made over $433,000 in direct grants to the shooting sports/LEO groups in South Texas. That means we gotta raise that $$$....hope ya don't mind!<G> Most raffles you may have a 1 in 1,000 plus chance to win - I'd say 1 in 50 is purty decent - an' you'll know within a few hours if yer a winner!

Top Bottom