Texas SOT

Folders (folding knives). What's Your Favorite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I've had my Kershaw Link with the 20CV blade for about a year now. It is a super solid knife for less than $100. I've used it every day since I've had it and have been abusing it. It's taken care of everything I've thrown at it. Edge retention has been great. It's good full size folder very similar to a ZT in shape and size. Action is smooth and locks up tight. Definitely recommend it.
    FB_IMG_1672952042833.jpg

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Ive been carrying my Shaman since I received it on Christmas. I added a deep carry clip from lynch nw. Highly recommend both this knife and clip
    Really need a Spyderco knife in my life. I want a Para 2, but I don't want to pay for one.

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Really need a Spyderco knife in my life. I want a Para 2, but I don't want to pay for one.
    Honestly its worth it imo. I love the lower end Spydercos but their $150+ knives are really excellent.

The para 2 is probably my favorite knife they make but I dont have one currently. I was going to ask my wife for a sage or native for Christmas but she saw the Shaman way down on my list and surprised me with it. It is expensive but I do enjoy the hell out of it

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    My favorite is my Case Trapper but my Cheap Spyderco Tenacious gets carried the most. I want the Shaman but I'm too cheap to spend that much, I'm probably going to get the Paramilitary 2.
    Screenshot-20230106-001334-Photos.jpg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >
    EDC “folders”:

Top outdoors & home, middle about town & travel, botton, dress & “church”:
    SpyderCo, Gerber/AGR, & Boker in pic below.

I don’t know about y’all; but I tend to loose knives & tac-lights, so I’m not going to spend a fortune on one if I can get a “good-enough” one for a lot less $.

If you shop knives online, you’ll find that many prices are based on maker popularity & market, not knife quality.

IOW, CRKT = BenchMade; but the BenchMade costs 3x or 4x for similar quality. And, newer Asian knives can be excellent while cheaper.

Attachments

• F92E1D80-AFD6-43FF-BD18-5BFE9AB40ABC.jpeg
      F92E1D80-AFD6-43FF-BD18-5BFE9AB40ABC.jpeg
      424.5 KB · Views: 58

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

To follow recent discussions of EDC knife “values”: I just got this one in the mail from A G Russsell.

My SpyderCo of several years escaped, and hid behind a desk at my Friends’ home at Circle-C Ranch, when I overnighted there on my way back from last month’s hog hunt on the shores of Lake Buchanan.

After the SpyderCo didn’t show-up, I ordered this replacement, a CRKT from Rusell’s:

1681353139862.jpeg

Of course, while this was in transit, the SpyderCo emerged from hiding and surrendered to the housemaids doing their weekly cleaning. Now to get it back from Austin.

CRKT = Columbia River Knife & Tool. Some pronounce that as “Cricket”.

As you see, this is a China-made knife delivered for less than $60.

I had given my other SpyderCo to the Son of a late Friend, the EDC Gerber to a Grandson, then gave my hog-hunting Friend both the last Russel fixed “hunter” and my Jimmy Lile, so I was down to my tiny Boker “church knife” & a little Russell folder; a bigger one was needed around home.

This’ll do until the SpyderCo finds it‘s way home.

leVieux

Dmjj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2016
    I also love the Benchmad bugout for its lightweight feel....I've lost 2 of them though

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I also love the Benchmad bugout for its lightweight feel....I've lost 2 of them though
    I used to lose cheap knives a lot. I still have all three of my Benchmade knives.
    I suspect the price of them makes me pay closer attention and not leave them out when done with them.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Still an SAK, since '61, and also an Opinel since '83, because the Buck folders were too heavy and always got stolen.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    CJRB Cutlery Pyrite Folding Knife 3.11" AR-RPM9 Black Drop Point Blade, Black Stainless Steel Steel Handles from Knife Center for $50. Excellent quality and too expensive in case I lose it.

Attachments

• eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiZmlsZXMua25pZmVjZW50ZXIuY29tIiwia2V5IjogImtuaWZlY2VudGVyL2NqcmIvaW1hZ2VzL0NKQk...jpg
      eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiZmlsZXMua25pZmVjZW50ZXIuY29tIiwia2V5IjogImtuaWZlY2VudGVyL2NqcmIvaW1hZ2VzL0NKQk...jpg
      17.5 KB · Views: 19

Stoneez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2024
    Ponder
    CRKT assisted opening. It's the only thing Ill carry. I feel naked with out it. He has, when needed, become an extension of me. I honestly believe that you will be hard pressed to find a better knife at the price point.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    CJRB Cutlery Pyrite Folding Knife 3.11" AR-RPM9 Black Drop Point Blade, Black Stainless Steel Steel Handles from Knife Center for $50. Excellent quality and too expensive in case I lose it.
    Thats a really nice looking knife.

Top Bottom