DK Firearms

Folders (folding knives). What's Your Favorite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Just purchased one of those to try out.
    Waiting on it to arrive now.
    Looks like a nice little pocket carry knife.

I've had decent luck with those Boker Kalishnikov automatics. They aren't very expensive and are pretty tough.
    Yea I was looking for a smaller knife to carry and found that one. Solid reviews and I have never had an issue with kershaw
    Target Sports

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Also have one of these coming today. I guess its technically a folding knife:
    Victorinox Swiss Army Climber Knife, 91mm, Stayglow
    61KU6aMAqOL._SL1200_.jpg

Attachments

• 61KU6aMAqOL._SL1200_.jpg
      61KU6aMAqOL._SL1200_.jpg
      91.6 KB · Views: 326

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I hear the why use a knife in a gunfight argument regularly. We had old timers routinely say I will just shoot the knife wielder. I think many are unaware of the dangers of a knife attack especially as it applies to contact distances. Good luck drawing that gun with a knife assualt. I would say the knife is even deadlier within contact distances.
    Hopefully you'll are implementing knife attacks in training. The gun is the tool but maybe not the right one up close. Sure we all is our knives to cut stuff but why carry it as a weapon? A: the same reason criminals attack you with one. You can palm a folder in a parking lot, thru a bar, or eatery and no one notices. Can't do that with a gun. I would also say most attacks are gonna be up close so knowing some unarmed defenses to buy you time to draw your gun is really important.

Just food for thought.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I hear the why use a knife in a gunfight argument regularly. We had old timers routinely say I will just shoot the knife wielder. I think many are unaware of the dangers of a knife attack especially as it applies to contact distances. Good luck drawing that gun with a knife assualt. I would say the knife is even deadlier within contact distances.
    Hopefully you'll are implementing knife attacks in training. The gun is the tool but maybe not the right one up close. Sure we all is our knives to cut stuff but why carry it as a weapon? A: the same reason criminals attack you with one. You can palm a folder in a parking lot, thru a bar, or eatery and no one notices. Can't do that with a gun. I would also say most attacks are gonna be up close so knowing some unarmed defenses to buy you time to draw your gun is really important.

Just food for thought.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    It takes about as much effort to pull my gun as pull my knife. I think a bullet to the leg of an attacker would still be better than a knife to the leg and then I don't have to worry about pulling it out.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Why on earth if you live in a state where you can get a carry license soooo easy, would you wan too carry. knife instead of a gun for personal defense????????

If you try to use a knife and the other guy has a gun, you're doo-doo is very weak. It ain't gonna comet in your favor. Ever since 1957 and Horace Smith and Danial Wesson campout with the first self contained metallic cartridge, the small handgun made the Bowie knife obsolete. If you try to use a knife against a guy with another knife, you're in for a lot if stitches, it you win, and a nice cool slab in the morgue if you lose.

Look guys, I'm no sugar ninja, only a guy who survived a crappy life trying to grow up to adulthood in a inner city neighborhood in D.C. where street violence was common. I saw a real knife fight once. The two guys did a g great job of butchering each other and one died on the scene and the other went to the ER and time intensive care to see if he'd make it. After seeing that, I don't even carry a knife that could be used in a fight. I don't think the little Swiss Army knife in the coin pocket of my jeans would be much good.

On the other hand, I did see real live shootings. Plural. Unlike a knife wound, that didn't have the shock effect of a bullet, I never saw anyone who got a hit anywhere in the center of the body that didn't go down right then. Even small caliber's seems to have that effect if the bullet got into the center of mass. But I've seen people get cut and fight like the devil, and even get stabbed in a fight and think it was a punch until after the fight and they discovered they were bleeding. Knives just don't have that fast effect like a gun shot does.

They say God created man, and Sam Colt made them equal. Not Spyderco, Benchmade, or any other tacticool ninja knives that are sold on too much fantasy of mono e mono and John Rambo.

What a knife is good for is intimidating a mugging victim into quietly giving up his wallet. Or his car. It's a great criminal weapon of intimidation that is cheap enough to be tossed down the next sewer or dumpster as you run past. Same for a box cutter. Cheap, scary, and disposable if you're a felon with a record and can't be caught with a weapon.

What I saw a lot of grown men in D.C. carrying for personal defense was some sort of blunt force trauma tool. Stout walking stick wit brass head, Crescent wrench in back pocket, piece of sawn off pool stick under seat of car or bar, ball peen hammer nearby or on floor of car. My own mentor in the gang I was in, Ray, had been in prison and couldn't carry a gun or large knife. But he was a motorcycle mechanic by trade and was employed so, and he always had his wrench in his back pocket for "working on my bike, man." He also carried a nice walking stick with a brass lion head and he used it once to beat the ever lovin dog poo out of a guy he had a fight with in Gaffney's Bar on 14th street. The other guy pulled a knife and Ray destroyed him. Other guys knife never drew any blood.

Even in anti gun D.C. people who really wanted to defend themselves got a small gun from the neighborhood gun guy. It was the number one choice over everything else. Second was some kind of blunt force club. Knives were seen as a punks weapon.

You sound pretty bad ass. But I have a few questions?

Did you actually read posts in this thread? I mean, sure you can open a box with a blunt force club. But is it smart?

You seem to have already decided the scenario you are in. No sense considering that face to face it is much easier to disarm someone with a firearm than a knife. And much easier to cut someone than shoot them. Which tool will be best? Depends on the situation, distance, and if the other guy is armed.

Why does the military issue bayonets instead of clubs?

A knife isn’t the best self defense weapon in many, probably most situations. But it’s a damn handy tool to have and will fit great on your belt or in your pocket. Right next to a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Were I forced to defend my life with something other than a gun at this age, I'd seriously consider carrying something blunt.

Like a cyanide tablet ...

I laughed way too hard at this one....

Top Bottom