Gun Zone Deals

Folders (folding knives). What's Your Favorite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I avoid airline travel like the plague these days, but I don't put anything of value into checked baggage. If I can't carry it on the plane, I would be tempted to ship it to myself. Too much stuff in checked baggage grows legs and walks.

Your second recommendation is brilliant. And an excuse to invest in another Pelican case or two!
    If you travel with a firearm you have to check it in a locked case that only you have the key to. NOT a TSA lock. You can of course put anything else of value in your locked case as well.

Cases with firearms in them magically never get "lost".
    ARJ Defense ad

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "
    If you travel with a firearm you have to check it in a locked case that only you have the key to. NOT a TSA lock. You can of course put anything else of value in your locked case as well.

Cases with firearms in them magically never get "lost".

"Cases with firearms in them magically never get "lost"."

Well, before "9-11" there were frequent problems with theft. Lately I'm not aware of problems.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I took a pistol on a flight. Went through all the BS checking the bag and they put a bright pink tag on the suitcase signaling in contained a weapon. When I got to my destination they just put it on the luggage carousel unattended. Anyone could have seen the tag and made off with my suitcase.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I took a pistol on a flight. Went through all the BS checking the bag and they put a bright pink tag on the suitcase signaling in contained a weapon. When I got to my destination they just put it on the luggage carousel unattended. Anyone could have seen the tag and made off with my suitcase.
    Well, that was a dangerous suitcase. No telling what it could do.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I believe that they quit putting external tags on years back.

Once at HOBBY, the agent tagged my gun and told me to carry it on. I took it to the first Security Officer and told him. He said NO, we've got to go back. When we started back,the agent and her supervisor were running towards me, like O.J. Simpson in the old TV commercial.

Another time, the genius @ MFE McAllen took all of my .380 ammo out and KEPT IT !

I carry printouts of the TSA Regs and the official policy sheets of every airline involved, plus put copies of my licenses in with the guns and in each suitcase.

The geniuses at Phoenix Sky Harbor "PHX" once confiscated and tried to destroy a CONGRESSIONAL MEDAL OF HONOR belonging to Governor & retired USAF General Joe Foss.

The people we must deal with often are officious buffoons. . . . .

leVieux

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Gerber EAB
    aa gerber EAB.png

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    I have been carrying this Benchmade Griptilian (CPM-S30V) around for several years. It ain’t pretty but it’s tough as hell and still maintains a tight action. I use it for cutting everything. If I ever lost it, I would definitely get another for my everyday utility.

5B736E1F-ED8F-49D4-8103-3757097F0D54.jpeg

SrsTwist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Austin
    My two regular carry folders are a Zero Tolerance 0350 with the tiger stripe pattern on the blade and a Gerber Applegate Fairburn Covert. It's the ZT most of the time and the Gerber when I want to be slightly lower profile.

folders.jpg

Ab17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    Driftwood
    I have been carrying this Benchmade Griptilian (CPM-S30V) around for several years. It ain’t pretty but it’s tough as hell and still maintains a tight action. I use it for cutting everything. If I ever lost it, I would definitely get another for my everyday utility.

View attachment 337704
    I have it’s twin in D2. This isn’t the most expensive knife I have but handles just right and puts up with everything I throw at it.

Attachments

• 64D5DA57-2C69-4EF1-B949-FFB166FA68ED.jpeg
      64D5DA57-2C69-4EF1-B949-FFB166FA68ED.jpeg
      294.6 KB · Views: 86
    Top Bottom