• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Hey, so all these videos are showing up, where car meets protestor blocking roads. Car goes ahead and leaves the area. Protestor gets run over.

Does anyone know the end results of these encounters?

Are you aware of anyone getting criminally charged?

Last edited:

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    We need creative LEOs brave enough to charge protestors who block public roadways with unlawful restraint or similar laws. A few hefty fines might make them let traffic pass...I'm dreaming.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    It is aggravated assault. You might meet a defense to prosecution provided in chapter 9 of the penal code for self-defense.
    Wouldn't it depend on the circumstances.

Protesters simply standing peacefully just blocking the way vs. the car being surrounded, banged on, and being rocked back and forth.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Wouldn't it depend on the circumstances.

Protesters simply standing peacefully just blocking the way vs. the car being surrounded, banged on, and being rocked back and forth.

Yes, being justified under chapter 9 of the penal code would depend on the circumstances. intentionally running over someone with your car is always, at best, aggravated assault. The question is whether or not it is justified. If your actions meet the requirements of chapter 9, then you have a defense to prosecution.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Between the press, the politicians, and the revenge to consider, I think I'll just stay so far away from any protests/rallies that I can't even pick it up on my car radio, much less my front bumper! I've seen 'em before...no curiosity here.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Does anyone know the end results of these encounters?

Are you aware of anyone getting criminally charged?

Why do you ask? Pfft, try a rusty cow catcher on a beat up dually. If they don't die, maybe their wounds get infected. Have some throw down bike locks on the seat to throw out the window. Oh and wear a mask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Why do you ask? Pfft, try a rusty cow catcher on a beat up dually. If they don't die, maybe their wounds get infected. Have some throw down bike locks on the seat to throw out the window. Oh and wear a mask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I googled it and found 2 different instances only. And it seems like I see a different one once a week on fb.

One dude got charged pled guilty but got no jail time.

The other guy didn't get charged, but the protestors did for damaging his car.

All the rest of the articles say something like police have not charged but are investigating.

So just wondering.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Unfortunately, I was told by an officer that if someone is blocking you by standing in the way, your only option is basically waiting until they move, unless you can get them to move. If you attempt to move them with your car, it is assault.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think self defense is reasonable.

As a white, straight, conservative male I consider myself the target of every group that blocks the road.
    From what I've read in the media, you were born a racist. Welcome to the "I don't want to be, I was born this way" club.

Top Bottom