• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Last shower pan I broke out was done in Portland cement-worked on it with a Milwaukee power hammer for 4 hours and got about 1/3 of it out. Boss went to HF and bought a piece-o-crap electric China jackhammer and I was done 4 minutes later-they do have their place.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    As a biker, I hate when they call anyone that rides a motorcycle a biker. Those were thugs on motorcycles looking for a fight. Now I'm not saying the history of bikers doesn't have that, but those are not the types I identify with.

Yeah I hate when folks call me a biker despite owning 3 cycles with one being a bagger. I am a motorcyclist. I own no leather vest, have no beer belly, no tats, my wife rides with more than just a tank top and is attractive and I don't own anything HD.

I do have a pit though and recently started driving an American car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Meh.

Hear our freight employs Americans. I had to stock up on tools for one of my first jobs after leaving the military. Was above to do so at HF without putting myself in debt (probably unamerican by today's standards)

Later tried the high end stuff, found it broke as easily as Stanley or more so and the warranty sucked. Went to craftsman (mostly China) because I could exchange anything that broke on my way home from work.

Now I tend to go Stanley. Tools last and don't require a loan to buy them. Still get some stuff from
    HF.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If I spend good money I would like a good product. You can twist what I said all you want. The crap they sell at Harbor Freight isn't made to last.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Very derailed, but to address it. China uses the same steel and mostly the same manufacturing techniques we have for decades. If quality is an issue it's either the company itself or the specific factory. The reason that China has gotten so much of our factory work is because they dont have OSHA and the safety regs we do. The manufacturing process on most products is IDENTICAL... In fact, the last two things I bought that were made in the USA (and weren't guns) were pieces of shit that fell apart. One being a pair of pants that literally ripped while I was putting them on. I'm not fat!!!! Most of my clothes are from Vietnam or Honduras... and they're fantastic.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yeah I hate when folks call me a biker despite owning 3 cycles with one being a bagger. I am a motorcyclist. I own no leather vest, have no beer belly, no tats, my wife rides with more than just a tank top and is attractive and I don't own anything HD.

I do have a pit though and recently started driving an American car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have nothing against people riding motorcycles, what I said wasn't aimed at you. A biker isn't what you ride or who you ride with, it's a lifestyle. Just like I wouldn't call someone that has stuck two pieces of metal together, a weldor. I earned that. Punks that ride their speed bikes around as if they own the road, are just that, PUNKS.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've seen people on all types of bikes who think they own the road.

I'm sure 100 people could give 100 different definitions for the term "biker" as well. Strange how much power a word or label takes on when it's chosen as a way to define who we are.

I'm simply a casual consumer of the joys of 2 wheeled travel on lightly populated 2 lane highways.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I've seen people on all types of bikes who think they own the road.

I'm simply a casual consumer of the joys of 2 wheeled travel on lightly populated 2 lane highways.

I agree, but I also believe it's more prevalent with younger riders, mostly, on sport bikes. I often take the less traveled path getting from point A to point B.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Really, please show me the law that says that. I know we're having internet fun here, or someone is, but no.

Sorry to necro-answer, but there is no law on the books that negates a pedestrians right if way. I suggested the law be changed to give cars the right of way on roads intended and funded to move cars from point a to point b.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, they'd only be ben
    Sorry to necro-answer, but there is no law on the books that negates a pedestrians right if way. I suggested the law be changed to give cars the right of way on roads intended and funded to move cars from point a to point b.

Does a pedestrian have the right of way on a busy, flowing freeway?

I reckon they do, but would the driver that hits said pedestrian be held liable?

Top Bottom