Hurley's Gold

Folks in Chicagoland disturbed by "no gun" stickers new law requires them to post

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    scared of a sticker...

lolwut.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Folks in Chicagoland disturbed by "no gun" stickers new law requires them to ...

Lol, they think the no gun stickers will make the school safer, but they think the sticker is to frightening.

I can't believe they actually think the sticker will keep them safe.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Nolan said she is not opposed to posting it, she’s just worried that not enough people are aware of what it means and could misinterpret the new signage.

That say's a lot about what she thinks about the intelligence of the parents, students and staff that enter her school on a daily basis.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I was born & raised in Chicago and went to the same High school that Hillary Clinton attended. I was a rifle club member and used to carry my Mossberg 22 rifle ON THE SCHOOL BUS every week for Rifle Club shoots in the school basement. I carried that rifle right through the school one day every week!

We had an armory where we locked our guns during school, then shot with the club after school (they supplied the ammo!). Then I took the late bus home with the Mossberg in a brown cloth case. There was never any trouble and no one thought a thing about it! That was 1960-1962.

Chicago wasn't always the mess that it currently is! Then the FOID cards became the law of the land and things went downhill pretty quickly. I worked at the famous Bell's Gun Shop in Chicago and had the damned FOID card, too.

By 1964, I was 17 and left the area. I returned for a short time in 1968 and was in Chicago for the riots of '68 and the Democratic National Convention. THAT was a f'ed up mess and I knew that I HAD to get outta there!! Want some fun? Research the riots in Lincoln Park. It made me realize that when the people have had ENOUGH, it hits the fan!

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_find_information_about_the_Chicago_riot_of_1968

Flash

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I was born & raised in Chicago and went to the same High school that Hillary Clinton attended. I was a rifle club member and used to carry my Mossberg 22 rifle ON THE SCHOOL BUS every week for Rifle Club shoots in the school basement. I carried that rifle right through the school one day every week!

We had an armory where we locked our guns during school, then shot with the club after school (they supplied the ammo!). Then I took the late bus home with the Mossberg in a brown cloth case. There was never any trouble and no one thought a thing about it! That was 1960-1962.

Chicago wasn't always the mess that it currently is!
    Then the FOID cards became the law of the land and things went downhill pretty quickly. I worked at the famous Bell's Gun Shop in Chicago and had the damned FOID card, too.

By 1964, I was 17 and left the area. I returned for a short time in 1968 and was in Chicago for the riots of '68 and the Democratic National Convention. THAT was a f'ed up mess and I knew that I HAD to get outta there!! Want some fun? Research the riots in Lincoln Park. It made me realize that when the people have had ENOUGH, it hits the fan!

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_find_information_about_the_Chicago_riot_of_1968

Flash

Sadly, that sounds like the story of many states and cities that are now so rabid when it comes to firearm ownership.

Top Bottom